• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics or Lakemaster Chip???

mr_jman

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but I searched for it and didn't find anything that really compared the two brands, so...

I plan on getting an h2o c GPS after my other one was stolen. I would just like to get some opinions on which chips performs faster, have more lakes, better detailing, etc. I primarily fish south central minnesota lakes, but wouldn't mind a chip that is going to cover the whole state for when I take vacations and fishing trips. Just want to get some opionions or suggestions either way. Also should I get the latest edition or would a slightly older version (with the lakes I want on it already) work just as well?

The most important thing is getting all (or as many as possible) or the lakes you fish. Having a map card does you no good if the lakes you want are not on it.

So, as long as the lakes you might ever want are on an older map card there's no reason not to get it.

About your other questions, it's all a trade-off ---- LM is faster but doesn't have as many lakes, LM has other info like roads and POI but Nav has more lakes, I usually prefer LM maps over Nav maps but not always because in some cases Nav has better maps, I usually prefer the color scheme of Nav maps over LM maps.

Again, the most important thing to consider is getting the most high definition maps for the lakes you fish.