Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRH

Vexilar FL-8 Price?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea on how much Its worth? Its just the flasher, no transducer or case. I have to 18's so I dont use this one anymore.

From an ice fisherman's perspective, I would say $30-50 depending on if it an SE version or not. Figure to buy a new battery & charger ($20-40+), ducer ~$75, case ~$30, plus the trouble of getting it all & putting together.

You could buy a complete used unit this time of year in good shape for around $150-225.

maybe you would have more luck if this was posted in the ice fishing forum instead of open water

I have an older unit, Mine is a Sitex fl-8, it also has a fish alarm. A little noisey but works good. I may see about having it tuned up this fall.

Were did you find one for $110? I have a friend at burned his up after 15 years and will not move up to a FL 18.

Thanks for info

The one great thing about the Vexilar Fl-series...is they are 98% reparable, and one can get replacement parts in 3 days if needed, and can be back as good or better than new for often less than $80.

The only one I have seen that was not reparable, was hit by a train while mounted on the bow of a boat....kinda tough to piece that unit back together. wink