Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
riverrat74

Couple of catfishing on the mn river.

did you catch those pretty much back to back? those are some good looking fish.

be happy man, you just caught a giant cat. You look like you were trying for walleye and this is what you got instead.

50# went back in the river the 49 died on me to much stress from the fight and warm water but it is getting smoked so not a total waste but i am not to happy about it i would like to see both back in the water.

Yeah that's a great question. I've heard many times that big fish won't hang out in the same spot, but I don't really believe it. I haven't ever proven it wrong by catching two 40+ pounders in one spot in one night, though.

yes i did catch them both in the same spot after i caught the 49# i throw back the line out in the same spot and half hr later i got the 50# i was useing a lighted bobber with a 4 inch bullhead underneth it coming off deep hole.

Very nice fish, sorry to hear of the one that didn't make it, but it does happen. At least it didn't go to the coon!

I will find a picture of a similar catch. A friend and I found a hole to try 2 years ago that we wanted to fish. First fish he caught was 44lbs 10oz. About 10 minutes later he finally casted out another bait to the same spot and within 30 seconds to a minute he had on another big one. The 2nd fish ended up 43lbs 12oz. Both caught in the same spot within minutes of each other. Also to top that off we heard a big flat swirl as it was chasing bait so we moved to a different location and he ended up catching that one too. It went just over 32lbs. We couldn't believe it, all of those big fish from the same hole in one night. It was a pretty good night of fishing.