• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

twin trophys**pics added**

ikatcher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrat's on the hawgs kids! My hat's off to the Dad for getting the kids out and into fish, BIG FISH! I'm sure the kids will be trading in the G.I. Joe's and Barbie Dolls for X-Raps and Quick Strike Rigs after a day like that!

u can tell were the fish were caught by one glance at the pic

Do you want a cookie or a medal Einstein? whistle

Quote:

Do you want a cookie or a medal Einstein?

Wow, tough crowd.

I do believe he was joking as there is only open water in the background.

I think I have it narrowed down but can't tell if it is the Atlantic or the Pacific!! crazy Either way that is a nice cuda wink

remember pic was taken with state of the art equipment. sure shot 60, where when you zoom in on something thats 100 yards away it makes it look like only 98 yards away. these fish were caught on a 20 acre farm pond. don't be fooled by the vast amount of water in the background. shore was only 20 yards behind us!

We know both fish were 39"s long. I'm guessing Sammie's was a little Fatter and maybe weighed a bit more. I'm calling Sammie's 19 pounds or 1 pound bigger than Jacks "sorry jack".... grin

The nice thing is they let BOTH Fish go so they can spawn "make babys" again and other people can have fun catching them again.

Fantastic, Jack and Sam you both have bigger Northerns than most of us Fishingminnesota members!

GREAT JOB!

they were all released, thats why i am really bummed out that sam's pic didn't turn out. i have a wall of fame that i have enlarged pictures of nice fish that all have been caught and released. everyone has been great with the encouragement and i will get one for the "wall" for her! also i do beleive hers was a heavier fish. thanks again all you fm'ers

So it took me a while to find this post. Its been over 2 years since my kids caught twin 39 inch Northerns. This past weekend Sammy caught a 38 incher and although it wasnt quite as big as her first big one it was 16-17lbs I'm guessing. The best part is we got a pic of it! Sammy was so excited and now that the kids are older they now do everything themselves. They get just as excited to net each others fish as catching them. They are my favorite fishing partners and at 9 and 11 years old they have been lucky enough to have caught some very nice fish! They are both looking forward to some great fall fishing because thats when you get the big ones. Good fishing to all.Almost forgot Sammy never even asked if she could keep it after the pic was taken she dropped the Northern head first back in and waved goodbye. Then the best part gave me a big hug and said thanks Dad! Priceless(: