• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

twin trophys**pics added**

ikatcher

so i took my 9 yr old son and my seven yr old daughter pike fishing yesterday. i asked them if they wanted action or a chance at some bigger ones. they chose the latter, so i go buy 1 dozen large suckers and off we go.we dont get to the lake until noon. i set up off a weed line and start drifting down the line and we are not fishing 5 min, when jack tells me his bobber is gone. i set the hook for him and hand him the pole, after about 30 seconds i can tell it is a nice fish. he gets it almost to the boat and it takes another long run. i saw the fish and it is a really nice fish. jack's arms are getting tired and he wants me to finish catching it, i told him no way, this is your fish. so he keeps battling it and i get the net under it. it turns out to be 39 inches( est 18 lbs). after a quick pic we let it go and i start untanging the line from the net. sammie is still fishing when i hear a big splash behind the boat. sammie was up in the front i look back and here there is this huge northern thrashing up on the surface. it took me a second to realize sammie was fighting this fish. after another 5 min fight she got it close enough to net it. put the tape on it and it measures 39 inches also! not a bad start. you talk about 2 excited kids. only problem is now they are going to want to go with everytime i go. jack ended up catching 1 more (small) one, measuring 35 inches. and sammie caught about a 4 pounder later. not bad for an afternoon pike fishing!

Jackfishpictwo.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got the film developed today. jacks pic turned out great but sammies was the last pic on the roll and did not turn out. i felt so bad for her, she cried for an hour. (i know, i need to get with it and get a digital. my bad!) i was hoping some of you fmer's could offer her some encouragment. the kids are both reading this and are getting a kick out of seeing their story on the internet! i am sending a pic to lundeens tackle castle and he was going to post the pics on his web site. as for where they caught these fish.... its initials are m.l. in central mn.

Awesome job on the fish kiddo's. Don't worry about the picture turning out. Now you have a reason to make dad take you out sooner to catch some more and get another picture. Plus just remember how fun it was catching it, that is what really matters. I rarely ever take pictures but need to start. Keep up the good work and have fun.... cool

ikes kids... Bravo!!!! People can go a lifetime and not catch a great fish like that. Getting a pict is nice Sammy, but its the memory that will stick with you for the lifetime.

Ike- if you can scan the pict and email it to me I will put it up in this post.

Again, great job guys on the awesome day of fishing!

[email protected]

would love to see the pics!

Thanks for the hint...I just was wondering if this was a "local metro" lake - cause I have been chasing something that size for years around here - and 2 in one day - especially with the kids is an awesome thing - no matter what lake!

Great Catch!! Anyone would be proud of that fish. Thats a fish and trip he"ll never forget. Plus he'll always remember that Dad was the guide who made it possible to hook into that catch.

* A bad day of fishing beats a great day of work anytime*