Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrowRiverRat83

Craftsman Rider

3 posts in this topic

I have a 15 horse Craftsman riding mower that is acting up. The tractor slips in all gears and doesnt have any moving power. I have no expierience working on riders, but I assume its belt driven and the belt is wearing out. Would replacing it be very difficult? Or could it be something else? Transaxle? Thanks for any help.

If it's like my Craftsmen rider there is two belts. Both run off of the motor. One belt powers the blades. One belt powers the tranny. Can't say what is causing your problem, but I have figured out to first set the Parking brake whistle before messing with the tranny belt. It relieves a tensioner and makes it much easier to work on. Replacing the belt shouldn't be too difficult, if that is what needs to be done.

Thats what it was, the belt was really streched out. Obviously it came off very easily, and putting the new one on was a lot less difficult than I thought. Works great now!