• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Trail Cam Pics

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard to tell. If they are 2 different bears they are very similar in size. It is hard to get a good judgement on size with nothing by the bait to use as a reference for the size. If you are looking for a trophy bear, pass on them. I beleieve they are smaller bears, long legs & are pretty trim - no big belly. The other bears may have left because they found other food nearby that they prefer. If your bait is getting moldy, you will loose bears from my experience.

I thinks it the same bear just holding still till the next picture, hee hee. It's hard to tell, one seems to have jus a little bigger belly thant the first, I would take them for eaters for sure, but thats me, first they have to show up during daylight. Good luck boar

Here a couple of video clips from when I was rebaiting yesterday. This small bear refused to leave and just wanted something to eat. I was about 8 feet away at most when he got up to the barrel and started eating. I could hear him chewing and swallowing the feed. I have one more clip, I will post it after I get it uploaded to youtube, I am having problems with there loader.

I have had it happen a fir number of times over the years. The thing is though, I didn't walk in, I rode the bike in and it was still there. It was about 20 yards from the bait and just kept coming in.

Had to have a partner bait for me today, he called me an said the the crib was opened up an bait gone, he walked around the water hole, an confirmed where the bear 's are coming from an said there was some nice sets of tracks in an around the 250-300 lb mark, granted they are tracks, but he has hunted bear for 25 yrs so I trust his estimate. Going in tomorrow an will replace the sd card in the camera an hopfully get some more pics posted. Thanks superbee for posting that, jus wish the tree wasnt in the way, Later boar

Just went up for the day and baited and put my camera out over one of the baits thats been hit everyday. I checked my camera this morning and couldnt believe it, I had at least 6 different bears come in last night, 1 sow with 3 cubs, a smaller lone sow or boar, and this bigger one which I think is a boar. I'm terrible at judging size and I know this isnt the greatest angle to see him but what do you think this one weighs? I know hes not huge but just curious what weight range its in. Just click on the pic to make it play.

th_FILE0017.jpg

Heres the small sow with baby cubs.th_FILE0013.jpg

Here are few pictures of a 450#(scale weight, not a guess) boar taken by a woman hunter last night. Have had him on the cameras over the years, but no hunters were patient enough to wait and pass on other bears coming into the bait. She passed on 6 bears over 3 nights and this being the 7th one and the mature boar.

IMG_0409-Copy.jpg

IMG_0410-Copy.jpg

IMG_0420-Copy.jpg

Holy smokes! I did'nt look at page 4 first I thought swamp buck was talking to the masses in general. Good for her, great job! That settles it, my mind cant stop thinking of next year in Ontario. I'm there, thats it, no ifandsbutts about it. The piggy bank has been established. I bumped a bear of my site yesterday morning, has as of this mourning he has'nt been back, dissapointed but maybe a good thing cause he should bee getting hungry for tonights bacon burn ala carte'. Boar

The largest bear we have taken was 525# a few years back now. I get bears that caliber on trail cameras usually each and every season. This year I have 4 different bears on cam that I would safely say are 400#+, with the largest being in the 550# range. It is usually every other year that we take bears like this. It should be every year, but most hunters are not as patient and take one of the first bears that come in and don't wait for the big boys. She had a shot at this one the night before, but passed because it he did not give her a good shot. I don't know many of the guys that have hunted with me that would have been able to resist. It was a 1 shot kill with a 20 gauge slug. It measured 7' nose to tail.

Boar - I know you are a meat hunter, wait for one like this and think of all the meat you will have!

I am greener than green when it comes to bear hunting. My bait was only hit once in a two week period. Heard a ton of shots last night, one real big boom an hour and a half after lights out. Last night I had hung a bag of sweet grain and covered it with peaniut oil. I had my second visit early this morning with two bears coming in. Only two visits in three weeks has me a little discouraged. Hopefully I can see them again tonight instead of three weeks from now...... I guess that is why it is called hunting instead of shooting. Sure has me jacked to just have a picture of them!!!!!

keep it up man, it can be very frustrating in early season with natural food sources an compition of other bait sites. alot of people give up mid sept. or so for various reason, but for the dedicated the best time is coming. Natural food is going to dissapear an some hunters have switched gears to other things, whent the temps start to really cool of hte bear will really start to move to find the food sources, that why ya have to stick it out an really grease up the area so critters an other bear will make scent trails to your site, then youll get compition for your site. its obvious you have bear int your area so keep up hte same routine it'll happenif you have two bear now coming in cut back on the feed so they'll compete an com in early, hookset has evidence that that is a deadly tactic that works. Good luck Boar

Hey guys,

Just seeing what you think about this last bear. This was the three pictures that night i got of these bears. The bigger one came in 20 minutes after the smaller ones left. First question, are these cubs this sows, or is this maybe a boar? Next question, just how big is this bear?

deer182.jpg

deer183.jpg

deer184.jpg