Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
superbee

Bear Trail Cam Pics

I am guessing the last 2 pics, that one will go 450 or better. I am hoping a hunter gets him and I am able to get it on a scale. If we harvest him, I will let everyone know. More pics to come over the next few weeks.

Boar - Would be happy to have you up if you ever decide to. If you would prefer a do it yourself hunt and camping. I have an area I rarely use that we could work something out for a veteran like yourself. Let me know how you do this season.

Whoa... now that is a verry tempting offer that I will highly consider for next year, Thank you. I'll pitch this to the boss an see what she has to say about this then we can go into details from there. Thanks again. Boar

The big guy slips up every once in a while. I have pics of him last season and a few different times he was out in the early evening. The guys that come, just aren't patient enough to pass the nice bears that come in after a night or two of the big boy being elusive. Hopefully this season he gets ground checked.

Here are a few more pics from a couple of sites I was at today. Baits are being hit steady, but not much being ate at the sites compared to most years. Color phase bear in the one pic.

MDGC0018.jpg

MDGC0026.jpg

MDGC0004.jpg

MDGC0008.jpg

MDGC0157.jpg

Here is a picture of 1 of the bears our hunters got this hunt. Both hunters had bears in within 3 hours of being on the stand the 1st night. The 1 hunter got this bear and teh other huunter was unfortunate and wounded his bear and it could not be recovered after 12 hours of tracking. The blood eventually ran out and there was nothing else we could do.

OntarioBlackBear.jpg

Wow, very nice superbee, to bad about the urecovered one. Hunter must have been very bumbed. I showed my wife the pics, very impressedwith the caliber of bears to be encountered. Boar

Thanks Boar. The one in the pic was a nice bear,about 225# but the one that we didn't recover was a fair bit larger, I would guess in the 300-325# range. Hoping to see him show back up on the trail cam to know if he's going to make it. I have a couple of neat videos from baiting today that I will post after I get them uploaded to youtube.