• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Minnesota Restuarant (non-chain)

I guess I classify Pizza into two distinctive categories:

1.Pizza that just tastes good because of a light crust with just the right combo of sauce, cheese, and toppings.

2.Pizza with a heavier crust that tastes good.

Sammy's (sausage or Pizza Bianco), Daves (sausage), Vi's (pepperoni) are awesome tasting pizzas. Extra cheese and easy on the sauce, please. A hungry guy can eat a large by himself. The Incline Station in Duluth also has excellent pizza (not sure if they are tied in with Sammy's or not but I don't think so).

Then there are the pizzas with a more robust crust. I would say that the Pizza Hut "Pan Crust" (mentioned here only for comparision purposes) is the benchmark and other's are either better or worse. I know I have had some good ones but I have forgotten where so honestly can't recommend any of these because I prefer category 1 pizza most of the time and if I want more crust I just go to Pizza Hut. Not a restaurant but the old Moose Bros pizza that they used to make on site in grocery stores was excellent.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pizza -- Juke box in Delano is the best pizza ever.

If you want an outstanding pan fried Walleye Dinner---Maynards in Excelsior and Rogers. Guy's it is phenominal!!

Mexican----El Molcajete in Buffalo.....chicken chimichonga!!

Any one else know of good Walleye Dinners????

I haven't noticed Chino Latino in uptown mentioned yet, that has to be my favorite place to eat. Don't like the area, but I love the food, kind of expensive but wow. We try to get there about once a year.

I concur with Cosetta's for pizza.

King's in Meisville has the best burgers hands down. The "intense" burger is hard to beat. And the atmoshpere and location is total opposite than that of Chino Latino.

Walleye Dundees on the South end of Mille Lacs(Wahkon Bay) has a killer breakfast...Tacklebox Hashbrowns.

There is a pizza place in Walker that has great food, but drawing a blank on he name right now.

A place in International Falls on 53 that has the best blueberry pancakes around, about the size of a manhole cover. Cant remember the name there either!

In the cities McGoverns on W 7th and Chestnut has great food, the turkey dinner and turkey potpie are awesome and the meatloaf is dang good as well.

half way up the Gunflint Trail there is a little place that has the best breakfast food!!! I stop there evertime on the trail for the pancakes the size of the plate!!

for burgers it use to be RJ's in Zimmerman but they closed

Pizza -- Juke box in Delano is the best pizza ever.

If you want an outstanding pan fried Walleye Dinner---Maynards in Excelsior and Rogers. Guy's it is phenominal!!

Mexican----El Molcajete in Buffalo.....chicken chimichonga!!

Any one else know of good Walleye Dinners????

I only eat walleyes I catch myself, that way Im 100% positive that Im not supporting the wrong things by purchasing it.

Heres one that isnt MN but not to far from Duluth

The Liberty Bell Chalet in Hurley, WI.

They have a green colored caesar dressing thats VERY good and their chicken ranch pizza is about the best Ive ever had for that type.

This is an excellent thread people. Makes me want

to pack up the car and road trip to these places.

I have been to quiet a few of these places. I didn't think

many people heard of Jack and Jims, Bungalo or Whistling

Bird. Keep this going and all pile on!!

Ernies on Gull for walleye fingers and cold beer.

If you want to spend a little money and take the wife/girlfriend to a great place go to Ivens on North Long Lake in Brainerd. Food is unbeatbale and the homemade desserts are to die for.