• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AGM vs Deep Cell Batteries???

SCONASOTAN

Question

I am in the market to get batteries for my 80lb 24v Minnekota and was wondering people's experience with AGM vs regular Deep Cell Batteries?? Price doesn't really matter, just want cost-effectiveness. My other ones I have had for close to 4 years but I do not run them alot. They are some brand (Northern??) that i have never heard of. Didn't always have great luck with them. Kinda wondering about the Cabelas Advanced Angler AGMs? thanks in advance for any info.

4 answers to this question

AGM is constructed in a much more durable way which alieviates the most common form of battery failure (internal injury due to bouncing over rough water common to forward battery placement in tin boats) It also seems that reserve capacity is greater thus can use for longer time between charge. The battery is also maintenance free which I like. I use and recommend the "C" store AGM.

Sconasotan,

The big 'C'would be Cabela's.

I hav a pair of the group 27's in the 16' Lund (Old boat) and have had them for about 4 years and when the time comes to replace the batteries in the 18' Lund (New Boat) I'll go with the Advanced angler AGM Batteries from Cabela's. But I hope that'll be a couple of years down the road.

WW