• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonight!

machohorn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we learned ...

Rosenfels won round 1. Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson are in the midst of one of the more closely watched QB battles of training camp and Rosenfels looked like the superior quarterback Friday. He got into a rhythm early and finished 10-of-13 for 91 yards while leading the Vikings on their only touchdown drive. Jackson, on the other hand, went three-and out on his initial drive and finished 7-of-15 for 39 yards.

hey man sage is a decent qb, he was calm and efficient, made some real nice throws right on the money and in stride..he looked like a leader out there.....i also thought booty was looking better then junkson...me and a few buddies watchin the game together said the same thing.

the one thing i don't like about junkson is when he makes mistakes he seems to point the finger to everyone else but him when the play is over.

sulivan looked great tonight...he played like a vet with the speed of a young guy...he was getting out to the second level and putting some nice blocks out there.

loadholt was playing pretty good also until about them 3 plays in a row he got owned on....that was pretty deep in the game he might not have his legs under him he started lookin kinda tired.

we'll have to see how junkson plays with the first team next week and how sage performs playin with 2nd and 3rd stringers....keep it fair so both players get equal talent around them a few times.

i thought we looked pretty good...special teams was lookin nice also!!

Tarvaris Jackson's campaign to keep his starting quarterback job did not start well on Friday night, as he went just 7-of-15 for 39 yards in the Vikes' first preseason game.

Sage Rosenfels, meanwhile, went 10-of-13 for 91 yards. Jackson has to be considered a prohibitive underdog now.

I was watching the line play to see how sullivan and loadholdt was doing. I was impressed with their play being the first live game. Loadholdt had some mistakes, but he looks better than cook.

As far as Jackson goes, he has a lot to prove the next game when he starts and will be with the first team offense. If he falters and Sage does good I think the qb question will be answered. Defense looks ready for the regular season. Kick/punt returns could still use some work. Hopefully, Harvin will play next game

so we can see what he can do to add to the offense.

The TV station was screwed up over my way and I missed the first drive for both teams. What I seen of Sage was pretty impressive, he looked sharp and he completed some decent passes. Tjack was in his typical form. Mr. checkdown, and can't complete a pass over 10 yards!!

Loadholt and Sullivan looked good, I was looking forward to watching Harvin but we'll have to wait until next week. I hope Berrian's injury isn't too bad. The 3rd and 4th RB's looked good too!!

Quote:
Jackson does nothing for this team. He will be gone after this year, if not sooner. He just does not have what it takes to be a QB.

Let's just hope so. He looks like a deer cought in your headlights out there. As I said before I want to see how often the throws behind the line of scrimmage and on third down how often he throws short of the first down marker. Or should I say; see if over half his passing yardage is made after the receiver has the ball!

hey he can't quit playing that style of football or his couple of fans won't have anything to talk about....you know like how he doesn't turn the ball over much...pretty tough to turn it over when you only pass 5 yards every play don't ya think? his first pass that went straight into the ground at his feet was a pretty mean play lol!!!!

What we learned ...

Rosenfels won round 1. Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson are in the midst of one of the more closely watched QB battles of training camp and Rosenfels looked like the superior quarterback Friday. He got into a rhythm early and finished 10-of-13 for 91 yards while leading the Vikings on their only touchdown drive. Jackson, on the other hand, went three-and out on his initial drive and finished 7-of-15 for 39 yards.

Not going to beat around the bush, T played like [PoorWordUsage]. But as someone said before T was playing against 3rd stringers, guess what so was Ground and he played with our first string. Also this was the first PRESEASON game, Sage was 10 of 13 for 91 yds, no touches and put up what a 95 QB rating....same as T's QB rating for LAST years regular season??? But wait, lets crown Ground Sage!!

What else do you have to see man??! Jackson is not going to be the starting QB this year. I mean did you watch the game at all, can you see beyond numbers at all?? You can see Sage knows where he has to go with the ball, he can read a defense. What we saw from Jackson is what we've always seen. Thats all Jackson is going to be, he doesnt see things clear enough.

He has a bad pre-season game playing with our second string....meanwhile Sage playing with the starting O against there 2nd and thrid stringers......We saw how he did last year when all he had to do was not have a complete meltdown..... Rosencopter now cleared for takeoff!

LOL!! Wow, thats all we've seen is a bad preseason game from Jackson and a good one from Sage? What rock have you been hiding under for the last 3 years. I see you bring up the game against Indy, funny how you never bring up the 4 games he has had where he brought the texans back from 21 to 28 points back. You know where he threw the ball against defenses who knew he was going to throw the ball. Jackson struggles to throw the ball against defenses who think the vikings are in running downs. Give me a break, how can any make the arguement that Jackson should start over Sage is beyond me. I've said it i don't know how many times, you've proved you've never watched Sage play, its clearly obvious. So quit making judgements on someone you've never watched. What we saw from Jackson, whether it was with the starters or 2nd stringers, is it really anything different from what we've seen for 3 years? Someone heading into their 4th year should be able to show something more than the occasional glimpse. This guy isnt an NFL QB.

With Favre now at Winter Park there doesn't seem to be much of a QB contraversy any more. TJack will soon be traded for a 4th or 5th round pick. Sage will be a much needed back-up to #4.