• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonight!

machohorn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, in case you just started following the Vikes, Tavaris Jackson was drafted in the Second round as a "project Quarterback" Tavaris was not supposed to not see the field until year 3 or 4. That is what a project QB is drafted for...a project for FUTURE use.

Guess what? The Vikes wet the bed year in and year out with a starting QB, so the project gets tossed to the wolves. But you armchairs can blame him all you want, but those are the facts and the snaps he has taken in the previous years have all been building up until this year, when he was set to start. Also guess what, he has gotten better every year, like a PROJECT qb is supposed to do.

I have been following the vikes for most of my life, I'm an old grey beard. I do not jump on or off band wagons. I am not really blaming T-junk on anything, It's 95% chilly's fault with the Q.B. situation we have. The most vital position on any team and he can't decide who to play

I won't judge him until after this year. He came a long way last year and it's reasonable to expect another jump this year.

Sure, the blind throw to the flat toward a squatting Pro Bowl corner in a tight playoff game **gulp** was tough to swallow and may be evidence that he just doesn't have "it".

Or maybe it's been burning him so bad and it was so jolting that he takes the next step.

We'll see.

It's just too bad because we have a once-a-decade running back and an aging defense. The window is closing, not opening.

And Philly got better this offseason.

I will say that Chilly's most fireable offense in his 3+ years is that his QB situation is just as muddy as the day he got here.

I'll bet you Rambis finds a point guard before Chilly gets a QB. Seriously.

Jackson has been struggling to make a completion. For being a project QB with a couple years under his belt he sure has been spending alot of time being flushed out of the pocket and not completing his passes. He relied mostly on Young on this drive.

What you see tonight is a clear picture of reality. Sage is the better QB. He can actually read a defense. I'm not really sure why its so hard for guys like fishin to see that Jackson just doesnt get it, the game is to fast for him. Where Sage got the ball out quickly, Jackson as usual hesitates and pumps and gets nowhere. You have to have more than physical talents to be an NFL QB.

Granted Jackson didn't have the starting receivers out there to throw to. But when you're constantly throwing over the receivers reach, a guy has some work to do.

I'll give Jackson credit for completing his 63% last year until the Eagles game. But that was a good sign he doesn't handle the pressure too well.

I will say one thing though, if you are trying to see if jackson has improved in the last year than why are they running so many draws and screens on passing downs??!! Let him drop back and try to read a defense and lets see if he has anything!

He isnt playing with the starters, but he is also playing against 2nd and 3rd string defenders.....

Jackson's first play where he buried the ball in the dirt at his feet says it all.

I see Chilly is wearing his playoff beard in the pre-season, anticipating that there won't be an opportunity to grow one in January.

Is it possible for Tavaris Jackson to complete 3% of his passes beond the line of scrimmage? On third down can he complete A pass beyond the first down marker. Don’t give me he is not working with the first string. He is right back in the forum he was in last year. Very few complete passes beyond THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE!

What a boring way to play football!

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
I see Chilly is wearing his playoff beard in the pre-season, anticipating that there won't be an opportunity to grow one in January.

Lol....that was classic Lmitout.