Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler23

underwater cameras??

10 posts in this topic

i was wondering how well the newer underwater cameras work? ive used a older aqua veiw and wasnt very impressed. which brands are worth checking out? Thanks

the new ones work good i got the aqua veiw worked good but the it broke on me .........i only droped it like 13 or 14 times lol i had the sxt i think it was called i really would wish they would make a rubber coated one like marcum dose ........a frind told me the marcum one sucks but i have never used it befor looks like it would be nice ........

ive seen the $120 marcum going and its really nice even in murky waters. turn on the lights and you can see random walleye eye reflections in the distance lol

I used a Marcum and took it back. It was fine, I just expected it to be better than it was. Plus I hole hop and the systems seem bulky to me, especially with a flasher there already.

I will give them another try once they all move to LCD screens (not just the high end ones).

Tyler - I'll sell you my ICE-45 w/case for $315. You know how little I've used it grin

Way more useful than any camera around here!

I like to drill quite a few holes when I'm initially scouting an area and pop the camera down to see what kind of structure, breaks and fish I'm fishing. It's also nice to keep them near a tipup if it's hard to keep an eye on. I've got a Marcum VS380 and love it. Well worth it.

I have the Aqua View Quad360. You cant see 360* its more like 85* out of every 90* up close, out a ways its 360*. I still really like it. If I had to buy another it would be the model that you can turn under water. Like the actual camera turns inside a housing. Its hard to keep track of your bait if there is much current.

We had an Aqua Vu, wasn't bad now run a Marcum VS 820 and love it. May get a color one this year just so the wife and I don't have to fight over the one we already have.

The Marcum 380 is a great camera to.

Tyler - I'll sell you my ICE-45 w/case for $315. You know how little I've used it grin

lol well i might have took ya up on that offer if it was last january again... how come you wanna sell it?

I have the Aqua View Quad360. You cant see 360* its more like 85* out of every 90* up close, out a ways its 360*. I still really like it. If I had to buy another it would be the model that you can turn under water. Like the actual camera turns inside a housing. Its hard to keep track of your bait if there is much current.

First time out with my Aqua Vu (I bought the tripod) I got sick of trying to get it set just right. Not enough time out there to fiddle with it, so next time out I hooked the cable through the plastic fin and down viewed. Thats all I have ever done ever since. Works great. I go about 2 feet above my jig, can see it all times. I suppose with the 360 that option isn't even available.