• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vick signs with Eagles

toughguy

Take it easy big hitter! He deserves a second chance! After all, there are "real" criminals plaing in this league, that have served way less of a sentance, and suspension then he has. He harmed animals, and in no way is that ok, but there are players who harmed people, and they are now heros. So lets watch what we say, and see if Tony Dungee can work his magic once again!

They (the eagles) would never admit to trying to replace Mcnabb. But I would think that's exactly what they are doing, Mcnabb has had one foot out the door for quite a while now. I'd like to see him in Purple next season smile !!!

As for Vick, I think that yes, he does deserve another chance. He's going to have to live with the embarassment of what he got caught doing for the rest of his career, and life for that matter. I hope he does well, not too long ago (2006) he was a darn good football player.

It is unfortunate so many people did not have better access to the details of the Vick case. Spend some time looking and learn: the judge and attorneys were sickened at the details and videotapes of what Vick PERSONALLY did to helpless dogs. The tapes are out there someplace. The eyewitness testimony is there someplace. Read it. Then tell me that you, as an outdoor person who, presumably loves YOUR dogs, can understand what would possess a human being to do what Vick did.

A man who has that sort of evil deep in his soul is not going to change that much. He will walk the walk and talk the talk of whatever his new handlers want him to do. But down there on the dark side is the same man who hung a dog upside down over a tub and electrocuted it himself.

Think about that while I go puke again.

I agree, he is nothing more than a peice of garbage IMO. Of course there are others out there that did worse... and that is supposed to nullify his actions... that's silly. I would be lying if I said I wish him the best.

I think the NFL should make it a part of their personal conduct policy that if (going forward) a player is convicted of a felonly...that they are no longer eligible to play. Period. Make the players sign it ....and then enforce it. Current players who have a felony on their record will be "grandfathered" into the system..but...going forward there will be no exceptions. The Player's behaviors off of the field will directly impact their privlege to play on the filed.

i do wish him the best. He did a very horrible thing and spent time in prison for it. Look at stallworth, he drove drunk and killed a man and yet what did he get like 30 days in jail, so whats that telling people that killing a dog is worse than driving drunk and killing a human. Just like other plays that have gotten caught with drugs and get a slap on the hand, again killing a dog is worse than drugs. IMO the 23 mnth sentence was way too long and this guy deserves to get a second chance at what he does best.

Vick pled guilty to Federal charges of "Conspiracy to Travel in Interstate Commerce in Aid of Unlawful Activities and to Sponsor a Dog in an Animal Fighting Venture". He also admitted to providing most of the financing for the operation itself, as well as participating directly in several dog fights in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and South Carolina. He also admitted to sharing in the proceeds from these dog fights. For Federal charges, the sentancing is non-negotiable. It doesn't matter if you are Vick or Joe Schmoe off the street.

The animal cruelty charges for the actual torture and killing of the dogs are a "state" charge...and while he pled guilty to those as well...State charges are negotiable...and it should be noted that for these charges, he will serve no jail time. Don't know if the same would happen to Joe Schmoe.

I don't think that's what people are saying at all. I can only speak for myself but I think Vick got what he deserved. He has paid a big price for his crimes and he should have. But he does deserve a second chance IMO. My argument on the Stallworth post is he is not getting what he deserved. From the justice system or from the NFL. For the mostpart I like what Goodell is doing with the stricketer (is that a word) stance he has taken with the players. I just wish he'd be more consistant.

I am all for second chances and all to a point. In a public arena the standards are much higher I feel. If the guy really believes in his errors of ways he would not be trying so hard to be back in the the public eye. Any one will walk the walk and talk the talk in order to get back to the life style they forfeited by the actions they took.

The true measure of a second chance is what they do with it when given it. And so far it looks as though its all talk and going through the motions of what he is told what to do.

As for entertainment ones eyes have a short memory and is great for making up justifications almost that of an addict.

Guess it depends on what career you are in to begin with. Martha Stewart is a felon too and she makes alot more money than Vick does. I don't think its a matter of him "wanting to be in the public eye either." I think it is more of him wanting to make a living doing all he knows how to do.

Remember sin is sin in Gods eyes. Whether you are a theif, a lier, a fornicator, or a murderer. If God is able to forgive us of the things that we do wrong, do we dare put ourselves in a higher position than Him?? If a felon can gain entrance into Heaven, why shouldn't he be able to gain entrance into an already corrupt football league??

I think the NFL should make it a part of their personal conduct policy that if (going forward) a player is convicted of a felonly...that they are no longer eligible to play. Period. Make the players sign it ....and then enforce it. Current players who have a felony on their record will be "grandfathered" into the system..but...going forward there will be no exceptions. The Player's behaviors off of the field will directly impact their privlege to play on the filed.

You got that right, it is on every job app I have ever filled out, and I am not making millions every year. They should have to agree to it.

Guess it depends on what career you are in to begin with. Martha Stewart is a felon too and she makes alot more money than Vick does. I don't think its a matter of him "wanting to be in the public eye either." I think it is more of him wanting to make a living doing all he knows how to do.

Remember one thing- Martha signs her own paychecks. She did have a job on network TV, but that went away after she was put in her country club style prison.

I REALLLY wish people would just get over it already. He paid his time, lost it all, hes trying to make a living doing what can do with the talent he has. Aparently he is now doing seminars and speeches talking about how cruel and wring it is around the states. Didnt Kobe bryans rape some girl not long ago? The whole sports world kisses his arse. Tyson raped someone, Stallworth killed a human aftger driving drunk AND high and got 24 days in Jail? I DO NOT CONDONE OR APPROVE of Vicks actions BUT faith teaches us to forgive. No one is asking anyone to be a FAN of Vicks but UNLIKE most celebrities who commit crimes he actually did prison time and I believe he should have the chance to prove himself as a football player and see what he is willing to do for society.