• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow Plow

Bear55

I have to agree with elwood, I have a hiniker and love it. I've had for 9 years with no problems. I would call around and ask what fits your 1/2 ton, I know when I bought mine, I dont know if a plow would fit on my 1/2 ton chevy because they are so low, I put a v-plow on a new chev. 3/4 ton back then and I know a v-plow was way too heavy for a my 2001 chev. 1/2 ton.

A straight blade might work on a 1/2 ton but I would call and make sure. Hiniker makes a great product especially the drive-in forks, makes hook-up real easy.

we had a 8 ft c-plow on a 91 blazer but it had a 2 inch over spring kit in it but I think that with out the spring kit it would of been fine. and the hook up is faster than anything out there.

Know a lot of guys who swear by Western snow plows. Bought a used 8.5 Pro plow with back drag for $1,700 7 years ago and it's worked fine for me. At the time it was only 2 years old so figure it was a fair price. I made $20 with it so far!!! Of course haven't had to pay for snow plowing since and my in laws like it a lot!

Check with some of the Chevrolet / GM dealers let them know what you are looking for. When a truck with a plow is traded in they will usually remove it before selling the truck. I purchased one in perfect condition minus some of the wiring $400 plus $40 for wires and switches. Still have it and working great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.