Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparetime

Dog training DVD for Pointers

6 posts in this topic

I see there is a topic about training materials, and there is lots of information. I started a new topic because I am looking specifically for a training DVD for pointers (Brittany). Anyone used one they recommend? Also the original post in the other topic was from several years ago, and things may have changed.

Perfection Kennels?

Rick Smith - Huntsmith?

George Hickox?

The videos are rather expensive, and buying them all would result in a divorce. I haven't found any on netflix, half.com, library or HSO-Classifieds, so purchasing new is about my only option.

Thanks

I have been looking for some too and the ones with the best reccomendations is a series called Perfect Start and Perfect Finish. Many good reviews but like you said. They are spendy. Sometimes if you are lucky you can find them used for about $75 for the set. Good Luck

If you made me pick I'd go with the Perfection series. That being said, the other ones work just fine too.

Sparetime- I have a couple of hickock wideos for pointers that you can have if you wanna pay for shipping or if you ever make it to the north end of the cities. Shoot me an e-mail if you are inerested. Trained a vizsula using them. The videos worked well but I had to put him down due to some health reasons. dan _ stith yahoo

Dan

Thedanimalkmk,

Yes I would very much appreciate the videos. Tried to send an email, were you able to get it?

Thanks

Yeah, I am still trying to dig them up. I replied to your e-mail maybe you didn't get it. Send your mailing address to that account and I will get them in the mail asap. I'll figure out what shipping is then let ya know what the bill is.

Dan