Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishn

Boat Trailer Shop

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place around town that fixes boat trailers. Thx

one thing that crystal welding won't do is welding new spindles on axles. I asked them since I am looking for a welding shop to put a new spindle on my boat trailer axle.

IMO You're going to have a hard time finding someone to weld on a spindle for ya. The liability is just to high.

I have found one replacement axle that has the same spring center measurement as mine but the hub face to hub face measurement is about 1.75 inches narrower then mine. I think it would work but it would place the tires closer to the boat and I might have to remove the fenders. the other pricey option is just to buy a whole new trailer. I know it is a liability issues. I was told that if you don't get it just right it will causes you to chew up tires and bearings.

I'm Happy to post that I have found a place that will build me a complete new axle for my trailer for only $160.00 this includes new hubs. they are redneck trailer supply out of st cloud.