• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anything new for next years flashers?

harvey lee

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to one of the sports stores I buy from, they said, don't worry, Marcum's not going anywhere, they'll be around in full operation this coming winter.

Sounded like they are bringing in some of the old players that made the company what it was before N.V. took over.

Mike

Talked to one of the sports stores I buy from, they said, don't worry, Marcum's not going anywhere, they'll be around in full operation this coming winter.

Sounded like they are bringing in some of the old players that made the company what it was before N.V. took over.

Mike

He must not have gotten the press release.....

here....

The fact that "NatureVision operations will be scaled back immediately", seems to contradict what he's telling you.

-Munchy

Seems that I am not alone in rejoicing in the news! I propose we throw a celebration of epic proportions tonight. I will put it together send the invite to all who worship at the alter of shallow water mode

What: Victory Dance to celebrate the momentary victory over Technology and the pioneering spirit.

When: Tonight only (this is not adjustable) because we wont have long to celebrate (Remember Hummingbird is still out there innovating)

Where: Lucky’s Bar corner off 400 Watts Blvd & Brand Recognition only St. SE

For Who: All who cling to there flex lights & low power mode!

I will get there early and convert the whole bar over to cool blue lighting so make sure you tell your color blind friends.

Rest well my friends for tonight we dance!

P.S. let me know if there is a dedicated sarcasm font for this site I will make the edit.

Seems that I am not alone in rejoicing in the news! I propose we throw a celebration of epic proportions tonight. I will put it together send the invite to all who worship at the alter of shallow water mode

What: Victory Dance to celebrate the momentary victory over Technology and the pioneering spirit.

When: Tonight only (this is not adjustable) because we wont have long to celebrate (Remember Hummingbird is still out there innovating)

Where: Lucky’s Bar corner off 400 Watts Blvd & Brand Recognition only St. SE

For Who: All who cling to there flex lights & low power mode!

I will get there early and convert the whole bar over to cool blue lighting so make sure you tell your color blind friends.

Rest well my friends for tonight we dance!

P.S. let me know if there is a dedicated sarcasm font for this site I will make the edit.

Every day the best laugh I have all day comes from somewhere, and today it comes from Slabanator laugh

I’m sorry, but any consumer that truly feels happy about a company folding and seeing competition decrease solely because of brand loyalty, just doesn’t get it.

If (and that is a big if) Marcum is dissolved in this buyout, there is nothing good about it for ice fishing as far as the consumer is concerned.

However if you are the owner of Vexilar, nobody can blame you for showing a small grin. smile

I'll second dtro's comments. I'm a Vex guy, but it is never good to see quality compitition go out of business. In the end it is the consumer (and obviously the enployees) that are the real losers. Less compitition typically means high prices and fewer advancements.

MarCum (and ShowDown) will continue for this winter and for the longterm, with new products and innovations coming down the pike.

This winter, ShowDown will feature a new software version which essentially uses MarCum's patented interference rejection and other features, such as a 1-foot adjustable zoom. New units will come with the new software, or you will be able to send in your existing unit for the software upgrade. Stay tuned for more info.

So, look for the official MarCum/ShowDown announcement soon. People will likely be vry happy to see the new direction. Just wanted to set the record straight before speculation goes any further.

Back to the topic at hand. I purchased the Hummingbird 45 last season. Wow! My buddy wanted to save the 100$ and get the vex fl8. We always had to use my unit to look for bottom content, even the weed edge. IMO the vex was very sloppy. I know that vex makes higher end units but dollar for dollar, Hummingbird gets my vote. The zoom feature on the 45 is easy. Zoom capability throughout the water column. The blue zoom lights look neat too.

its never fair to compare a mid/upper range unit to another brands lower unit....you get what you pay for...a person should know what they are buying and what they are spending the extra money for.

i think marcum/showdown is slipping out of the equation for me...i don't like when companies are changing hands right when i'm looking to buy lol.

who around here owns the hummingbird 55?

I hate to see any lost jobs in our region...period!

The sporting industry is in an uproar right now, dust gets raised and dust will again settle.

I hate seeing any good product line, and the jobs associated with it get threatened by this turmoil.

Competition is good, keeps everyone on there toes.

I hate to see any lost jobs in our region...period!

I hate seeing any good product line, and the jobs associated with it get threatened by this turmoil.

Competition is good, keeps everyone on there toes.

When I bought my Bird last year I almost went with the Marcum because of the Minnesota connection. When I can I will do that, like with my auger. We don't need to see anymore jobs lost right now. And competition is very good as it does keep everyone on their toes. It only helps out the consumer.

i try to buy the best product available reguardless of where its made...if its made locally or in the USA thats a plus...if not you should of made a better product so i would of spent my money there in these bad times.

That is why I did buy the Bird. Like I said, when I can I will. Electronics are one thing, but like lures and things like that it is easier to buy from US manufactures, especially Minnesota ones.

i hear ya...alot of nice companies come from MN in the sports fields...anything from hunting, fishing, boats, ect....if 2 products are pretty much equal and something is made in MN i'll more then likely take the MN one....you gotta represent don't ya lol?

MarCum (and ShowDown) will continue for this winter and for the longterm, with new products and innovations coming down the pike.

This winter, ShowDown will feature a new software version which essentially uses MarCum's patented interference rejection and other features, such as a 1-foot adjustable zoom. New units will come with the new software, or you will be able to send in your existing unit for the software upgrade. Stay tuned for more info.

So, look for the official MarCum/ShowDown announcement soon. People will likely be vry happy to see the new direction. Just wanted to set the record straight before speculation goes any further.

so when are the new units coming out with the new software? i'm kind of confused here...is showdown just taking some of marcums technology and adding it to their verticle display unit...or will they sell a unit just like the marcum lx5 with thier name on it...or both?

Yes, I'd also like to know more about this. I have the VPG which is the first version of the showdown. I've had it upgraded with showdown software. I love this unit, but it's not very good around other flashers and doesn't seem to pick up small jigs very well sometimes. So, I'm curious if the new software will help with some of this. I have an LX-3 and an FL-8 I mainly use but the vertical screen is sometimes fun to play with. Works best if I'm alone with no other flashers around. It would be nice if they could do a split screen somehow in zoom mode.

yeah it kinda sucks since i was considering buying the lx5 this season, but not if they aren't gonna make them anymore or have customer support for them, ect....did stores have a heads up on this or something i was wondering why you could buy a lx5 for $299 at the end of last year.

the verticle lcd display on the showdown looks kind of neat, no humming from a motor, and battery lasts twice as long...and its half the price.

they could take some of that and mix it with some of marcums technology and make a pretty mean unit.

i guess we need more answers here.