• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strictly trail cam pics! my latest

vister

I can't tell on the spread or main beam length but I gotta believe that he's gonna be around 150 given that picture. I wish I had a pic that people were debating 150-160!!! Good luck man!

thats a tough one to field judge. maybe he'll be bigger next year!! i'm guessing by looking at tires you can find his "sheds" wink

I'd wager a bet on it being a german shorthair. nice looking jewel bag too!

I think your high if you think thats going 160 unless its alot wider then it looks I'd say 140 tops

Ok Here is my best guess, I can see the numbers potentially swinging either larger or smaller.

G1 6" they could be larger

G2 11"

G3 9"

G4 5"

Beams 26"

Circumference 16" - I'd say this buck can average 4" per measurement

One side total: 73

If you give him a fair 17" inside spread you have 73+73+17= 163

I think his left is certainly larger than his right. I think your close there Bear, actually i think your a bit conservative on a few of those numbers. Ill eat my shorts if his H scores only average 4"! smile I dont care what anyone says, thats a top end buck right there! I hope you get him!

yep, take him and prove us wrong. when i figure a score based off a pic, i score conservatively, so if given a chance to score it officially, there are no let downs.

however, there should never be any letdowns from any animal harvested! only groundshrinkage, and i blame that on adrenalin grin

thats a tough one to field judge. maybe he'll be bigger next year!! i'm guessing by looking at tires you can find his "sheds" wink

I'd wager a bet on it being a german shorthair. nice looking jewel bag too!

Lol, You are correct.

Wow nice buck! I know the title of this one is Trail Camera Pictures well I wanted to play with my video option this past week. It's hard to see the buck but this is my 3rd shooter buck off of the same stand in 2 weeks. I'm now excited to go out!

Great pics guys, I got a problem. I have been seeing a real nice buck on some public land. I have seen him in the same spot 4 times so far. Where I have been seeing him is in the flats with really no trees on that section. Just tall grass land with some slughs in it. What I am wondering is if you can put a camera on public land? and do you think its worth it being I have to go into his area to put the camera out? But I Really want to get out there to find a place for my ground blind, and to get a pic. I have a good idea were to put it but when im 400 yards away its hard to tell.

Great pics guys, I got a problem. I have been seeing a real nice buck on some public land. I have seen him in the same spot 4 times so far. Where I have been seeing him is in the flats with really no trees on that section. Just tall grass land with some slughs in it. What I am wondering is if you can put a camera on public land? and do you think its worth it being I have to go into his area to put the camera out? But I Really want to get out there to find a place for my ground blind, and to get a pic. I have a good idea were to put it but when im 400 yards away its hard to tell.

Short answer, yes you can put a camera on public land, however you alwasy run the risk of it being stolen, that pretty much goes for private land too.

Long answer, I'd say you found the bucks bedding area, I would stay out of there until the season opens. To me its not worth letting the buck know of your presence until you release your arrow. Get some high powered binoculars and see if you can't pinpoint the bucks bed and then a good ambush point for your ground blind. What time of day are you seeing him? For example if you have been seeing him in the morning get in there 1-2 hours before first light. If you see him in the afternoon I would probably hunt somewhere else opening morning, no sense in going in there n the morning and potentially bumping him out of the area when you only see him in the afternoon. If would be nice to get a picture of him but one bad encounter could turn this guy nocturnal or spook him out of the area. Be patient and keep patterning him and with some luck you can post some nice harvest photos.

Nice Buck, How do you like your WildGame Cam? I'm thinking about getting a trail cam and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I'm not worried about the Quality of picture, I'm more worried about getting the time stamp on the pics, but I still want to be able to see the deer. Anyone have opinions and a trail camera.

BEER 55

Ya I have been getting a decenct view in the binos, I have not had the chance to get out there in morning so I have no idea If hes goes to this spot thats why I want to sneak out there and get my camera on the spot. I no that is not his beding area but I think that it could be fairly close to. Two nights ago my dad went out and said that he almost hit it with his truck. He said that it was way bigger than his 160 in buck that he got a couple yrs ago. So thats kinda getting me more excited to start chasin him. Just sucks hes not on my farm and hes on pulic land

Grygla- I got my wildgame for $90 about 3 weeks ago. Its a 4.0 and has IR for night. It works for what I use it for. Its my first camera. I'd like one or two more cameras now! I do get some blanks, about 25% or so, and the battery life is only about 2 weeks on 4 "C" batteries which is a little annoying. I'm sure there are nicer ones out there, I just wanted to get in to the game cheap at first to see if anything was hitting my licks I put out. It looks like they are! This will only be season #4 for me bowhunting, and last year my time was pretty short due to the arrival of our 1st kid. I wanted to make sure my time in the stand was being well spent with regards to time of day and location. I'll be real interested to see what pops up as the days get cooler and shorter.

Good luck everyone!