• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a spot for meto area hunting

Does anybody has a spot or area or know anyone that needs some does taken off of. Just looking to get the freezer stocked up if you know what I mean. I live about 45 minutes away from the cities. Drop me a line or leave me a message here. thanks. PS I will bow hunt only.

Scarey spookey!

Too many hunters looking for squirrels and other small game that don't know what they're shooting at and shoot bowhunters in the tree's!

It happened at a wildlife management area just north of the cities a few years back. And I had encounters with small game hunters walking under my tree stand only to scare the pooh out of them when I whispered to them asking if they scared any deer in the woods!

I no longer hunt anywhere near the metro area unless i'm hunting private land which I do now!

If you do hunt public land close to the metro, put some orange on going to and leaving the woods. Also leave some orange around your treestand like marking tape halfway up the tree so anybody can see there is a hunter in that tree! smile

Good Luck!

how is some of the public land around there?

mnguy,

There is someplace around the metro for you but Lord only knows where it is. Even the better public ground is kept hush-hush unless you want a Ripley style hunt every time you go out.

This is something you have to do your homework on, as in looking at maps, driving roads, talking to landowners, asking friends, etc, etc.

If this falls in your lap, buy a powerball ticket. grin

Best of luck.

A lot better than the weekend, but there will still be some competition. As mentioned above, get some good public land maps and do some scouting. I tend to lean towards the smaller plots versus the big Carlos Avery type popular spots. Or you could start knocking on doors, if you're only after meat you have a decent shot.