• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perseids

wastewaterguru

Hiya -

Yeah, shooting stars were way cool. Dunno about romatical though. First time fishing flatheads with WWG and Dtro and they start talking about how romantic shooting stars are...and I'm thinking "I hear one banjo, and I'm over the side and in the river..." smile

Thanks for a very enjoyable night on the river. I can see why it gets habit-forming... I'll bring the paintballs next time.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

RK always puts a smile on my face with the "Hiya -" and the "cheers" grin

Nice fish dude!

I bet ya a "man hug" or two was dished out after that flat was released laugh

I heard about the Perseid meteor shower yesterday on the radio but forgot to check it out. Must have been cool on the river.

Good work guys!

...they start talking about how romantic shooting stars are...and I'm thinking "I hear one banjo, and I'm over the side and in the river..." smile

That's the cue down south. Up here it is when they say, "Phew it is hot. I need to take my shirt off". That's when it is time to do your best Michael Phelps impression.

Hiya - ( smile )

Never really explained it before, but the "Hiya" comes from my grandfather - the one who taught me to fish. Every time I saw him he'd say "hiya, boy...." Stuck with me ever since.

Years ago Larry Dahlberg wrote a piece about the Seven Immutable Laws of Fishing. One of his laws was "The likelihood of someone catching a trophy fish is inversely proportional to how much they deserve it." That law was definitely on display the other night. Being a muskie guy I know full well that catching a fish like that my first time out is more than the universe ought to allow... But - great guides sure help. smile

Being totally new to flatheads just the experience of going was worth it, and I learned a lot in a hurry - probably drove WWG and Dtro nuts asking questions. Just watching those two dissect the snag where I landed my fish to decide how they were going to fish it was worth the price of admission.

Flatheads are really a fascinating critter. I can see why you guys get so passionate about it. If the world knew, you'd have to wait in line to fish for the things...

Thanks again to WWG and Dtro, and Cjac (I have some more photos on the way for you guys, btw) for setting the whole deal up. Really an awesome experience.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Being able to experience someone new discovering what it’s all about, sure is fun. I will admit that it’s not a type of fishing for everyone. Coming from a Musky background sure does help a lot. You understand the ups and downs probably better than anyone.

You now have the tools to go out there and do this on your own. There is some very nice water near where you live wink and not to mention waters your frequent.

Thanks for the pics….somehow I bet they turned out a little better with your camera than mine.