• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When are the St Croix cats going to start biting again?

SteveD

Tough times on the St Croix right now. Water went up about a foot for 2 days after that rain and is back down again to normal summer pool elevation at 675.3'. The water temp is in the middle 70's (78 degrees last night). There was a lot of grass floating in the water last night and you had to keep clearing your lines about every 10 minutes or so. Water conditions are pretty good overall and you can see bait activity but I cannot find a flathead anywhere.

I was just looking at my calendar and I've been out 16 times since the 17th of July. During that time I've been skunked 7 times and all I've got to show for the other times are 4 flatheads (biggest 28") and 5 channel cats. Plus the Twins have been breaking my heart - I turned off last night's game in the 2nd inning it was too painful to listen to.

I'm going to move downstream to the BIG water and see if I can find some cats drifting. My neighbor has caught 2 flatheads in the middle of the day dragging bait for walleyes so it may be time to change tactics and see if I can find fish that way.

How is everybody else doing? I keep seeing big fish pictures but it has been a while since I took one.