Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Whisker Warrior

New PB to cap off long weekend,,,

20 posts in this topic

So i got back from my muskie trip up near Alexandria to which we put in 17hrs of hard fishing to only get 7-8 follows some of which were in the 50's but none were takers...high pressure with no wind and hot weather = slow fishing cry....so when i get home i decide to head down to the Minnesota river with Smeese. We got out around 9pm after finding two of the spots we wanted to fish taken by others. I decide to throw out cut bait and minutes later hook into a nice 5-6 channel and then a small flatty 10 minutes after that. The spot Smeese picked Smells GOOD! I throw out another cut sucker chunk and around 10 pm i get a nice screamer and hook into a definite PIG! After about a 7-8 minute fight from shore including the beast almost taking Smeese's arm off due to net in car. It took another run and the 2nd time in we got here landed took measurements twice and a few pics and sent her on her way....

49.5x28!

495x281.jpg495x282.jpg495x282-1.jpg

Thats an awesome fish!! Long one!!

Anyone else think that fish would go 60lb pre-spawn with a full belly?

It is nice to see the big ones are biting for someone, nice fish WW!

It is nice to see the big ones are biting for someone, nice fish WW!

I hope you aren't complaining!

I guess I kinda was smirk ,I have had a good year over all, but if I was to calculate the hours fished by the fish caught, I would be shocked. But I will do it all again next season grin

Thats an awesome fish!! Long one!!

Anyone else think that fish would go 60lb pre-spawn with a full belly?

Doubtful... The fish doesn't have the Mass in the head and shoulders. Its almost like one I caught a few a few years back. 48 inches long and only 39lbs Long and skinny, Not that thick Massive head you see on the some of the oinkers.

Still a beauty!

Thanks guys! She sure gave a good fight with two nice runs after getting her to shore...Is it safe to say she's in the 50lb. club?

WOW real nice fish soooo what was better Whisker Warrior Muskey's or that flat?

You really dont have to answer that I think we all know what the answer is.