• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

Neither one (Sox or Twins) will make the post season this year, I am at peace with that. I am also at peace with the fact the Tigers won't make it past the first round. At this point in the season I am more interested in the fact that the Rangers could make the Wild Card and send the Red Sox packing. That and the fact the Marlins and Rockies are having great seasons are the stories in baseball this year.

Ron Washington- AL manager of the year

Jim Tracy- NL manager of the year

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solbes,

I was only reacting to the droves of Twinkie lovers who are ready to throw in the towel with a ton of games left and only being 4 or 5 games out, it just blows my mind how fair weather they can be. I was just injecting a bit of humor about the forks, I did not create this thread, but I have to admit that I am enjoying the heck out of it! LOL

There is another fellow down there in Ch-town, that used to play baseball up here, that seems to get under the Twins fans just like Windy.

Keep up the ribbing, most of us know it is all internet trash talking. Just remember where you spend your money in the summer. laughlaughgrin

Not a sox fan, except AJ, "the heart and soul of this team back when". I'm just saying if we spend the right $ on the right players with our way of doing things, every team in this division is irrevelant. Sorry Windy, but if we would do that here, your looking at 2nd place at best every year. And I like Windy!

OK dude, not to defend W'bag, but I gotta step on this one: so you've never had a vac trip to Chi-town? Probably not 30 in 35 yrs like I visit Cass, but it would take you 30 to see all Chi-town has to offer.....but if you wanna see a WSox game, bring your bodyguard (which W'bag is sure to remind me now that the last shooting was outside WField). You make a trip here and I'll be your guide and I bet Windy would gladly join us.

Solbes,

I was only reacting to the droves of Twinkie lovers who are ready to throw in the towel with a ton of games left and only being 4 or 5 games out, it just blows my mind how fair weather they can be. I was just injecting a bit of humor about the forks, I did not create this thread, but I have to admit that I am enjoying the heck out of it! LOL

I completely get it. A little internet banter makes it more fun, just had to zing you on the wonderful view past the outfield from home plate. I have little love for your team and your catcher in particular, but I have a completely different view of your city. Love coming to Chicago every once in awhile.

Back to baseball. Unfortunatley the Twins do not show much promise, and neither does the rest of our division. Very strange year. Go... Rangers ?!?

OK dude, not to defend W'bag, but I gotta step on this one: so you've never had a vac trip to Chi-town? Probably not 30 in 35 yrs like I visit Cass, but it would take you 30 to see all Chi-town has to offer.....but if you wanna see a WSox game, bring your bodyguard (which W'bag is sure to remind me now that the last shooting was outside WField). You make a trip here and I'll be your guide and I bet Windy would gladly join us.

I wanted to see Wrigley last time I was in town, but they were out of town. Went to Comiskey again and was reminded why I paid extra to park at the ballpark.

Geno...been to Navy Peir, went to bootcamp at Great Lakes.

My nephew and his family live in Greyslake..oh wait, they are Twins fans.

My son works in Gurnee. Oops also a Twins fan. Our family does visit Chi-town quite often. I appreciate the offer and the fact that you and Windy enjoy your vacations up here. smilecool

Oh by the way people..only 5 1/2 out now. I hear the train a coming!!! grin

Geno...been to Navy Peir, went to bootcamp at Great Lakes.

My nephew and his family live in Greyslake..oh wait, they are Twins fans.

My son works in Gurnee. Oops also a Twins fan. Our family does visit Chi-town quite often. I appreciate the offer and the fact that you and Windy enjoy your vacations up here. smilecool

Oh by the way people..only 5 1/2 out now. I hear the train a coming!!! grin

I went to Great Lakes for boot, too. Went to "A" school there as well. Hung out at the Gurnee Mills Mall all the time, and went down into the city all the time as well. Chicago is a great town, no doubt about it. But the White Sox stink.

I will stick with the Twins, win or lose. Whether or not they win the division, go to the playoffs or blow it completely. I have a few forks I can send down to Chicago when the Suxs blow it in the end also. Or maybe over to Detroit when the kitties finally spill their litter box.

You are right Sled, we should gain a pretty good idea of how a star starting quarterback is going to perform in 16 real season games and the playoffs from a few meaningless quarters in the first preseason game of the year. You are right! Do you think that they might give us Kyle Orton back if we ship Cuttler back?

Sled, your wisdom baffles me sometimes!