• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope that Pavano's next trip to the mound is a repeat of his last performance. Not to mention having a little influence on the others in the pitching rotation.

Not looking so good today against the Royals of all teams.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Let's hope that Pavano's next trip to the mound is a repeat of his last performance. Not to mention having a little influence on the others in the pitching rotation.

Not looking so good today against the Royals of all teams.

Haven't had the chance to check the game's progress. Hopefully the bats start connecting.

Cubs are crumbling, not as badly as the BoSox yet, but not good - still got hope though.

Dan Fogelberg:

"and I feel myself starting to crumble-your conscientious awakes and you see your mistakes and you wish someone would buy your confessions-the days miss their mark and the night gets so dark-some kinda message comes through to you, some kinda message shoots through"

"And it says to you-love whem you can but cry when you have to-Be who you must that's a Part of the Plan-await your arrival with simple survival-someday we'll all understand, someday we'll all understand"

Geno,

Do you want me to hang onto one of those forks I am sending up to Twinkie Town for you? No problema if you want one, the shipping will be less than having to send it all the way to Twinkie Town. They have about a dozen of their fans who have already jumped off the bandwagon, are you off the Cubbie Caravan or are you just out on the ledge? Three games with the double A Bucs should get you down off the ledge! LOL

Leech,

Please compare the stats of our two "grunts", Mr. Peavy and Mr. Rios to any two of the Twins recent acquisitions. Wasn't my money they were spending so why should I care if we don't pinch pennies. Again, I guess you have to take pride in something so you are proud of the fact that the Twinks are cheapskates and that they do marginally well. Run with that if you must but I got to say I like our chances better now with Rios and Peavy wearing the Black and Silver than I did before.

Carl Pavano 33 years old All Star 2004

CAREER 76 wins 75 losses 4.42 ERA

Jake Peavy 28 years old All Star 2005 2007 Cy Young 2007 1st in Strike outs 2005 2007 1st in Wins 2007 1st in ERA 2004 2007

CAREER 92 wins 68 losses 3.29 ERA

WHICH WOULD YOU SAY IS BETTER? I guess you could call Peavy a "grunt"!

Orlando Cabrera 34 years old Gold Glove 2001 2007

CAREER Games 1685 AB 6429 Runs 849 Hits 1764 HR 110 RBI KO 609 Stolen Bases 195 Avg. 274 Slugging .398 On Base .322

Alex Rios 28 years old All Star 2007

CAREER Games 811 AB 3081 Runs 451 Hits 877 HR 81 RBI 396 KO 571 Stolen Bases 112 Avg .285 Slugging .451 On Base .335

Seems to me we got the better end of both those deals, younger players with more awards and accomplishments, but you did get older cheaper players. I will put my "grunts" up against your "blue plate specials" any day and twice on Sunday! Like I said, it ain't my money they are spending!

Hey Geno,

I hear St. Marys of the Blind has just started a baseball team, do you think the Cubbies could work them into their schedule the rest of the year, or maybe the Lansing Lug Nuts could put the Cubbies on for a three game stint. Come out come out wherever you are! Oh Cubbies, come out and Play-ay. Got to beat more than the double A Buccos to convince me Geno. I will keep one of those forks on hand for you once the Cubs decide to play a major league team! LOL

Zamboni,

Haven't you ever restored a fine vintage automobile? Remember the Ferrari in Ferris Buehler's day off? I would have taken that car after Cameron's dad restored it. Just think about Kenny Williams buffing up Peavy with a diaper till he shines! LOL

Two more rehab sessions in the minors and I look for him to be in the starting rotation by Sept 1st. Just in time for the playoff push, by then Alex Rios should have his stroke back and look out for the Pale Hose!

As for Peavy getting rocked in the AL, only time will tell. Bye the bye, where did Carl Pavano spend his first 8 years of his 13 year career? He seemed to adjust just fine.