• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance HDS 5 ?s

herm0026

Question

Just purchased a new boat with a lowrance hds 5 on it... Does not seem to have a clear view of the bottom, seems to have alot of feedback between the transducer and the bottom. Also had problems with the gps not working correctly. took it in to the dealer today.. seemed to work fine there! then when i got out on the lake it was back to messing up.

also when i put my lake master chip in at Cabelas the incite mapping would work with the chip for a more detailed map, mine does not do that....

2 answers to this question

Sounds like you might have electrical interference or you're running another sonar at the same time on your boat? Did you test your HDS at the dealer while running the motors and other electronics? That probably be your best next step in figuring out the problem with your graph.

Not sure about the GPS, what are the symptoms?? I'm pretty sure that Insight lakemaps and Lakemaster chips don't interact, might be mistaken. I've only run Navionics in my HDS so far.