• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prarie FLower

Was running around the Glacial Lakes Pothole region in North East South Dakota over the weekend chasing hundreds of white egerts attempting to catch a picture but no luck, those things must have eyes and ears on all side of their heads, buts, backs, tails, wings, etc. COuldn't get a decent shot to save my life except for them flying away from me. So I took a picture of this wild sunflower instead.

f8, 1/200 sec, 400mm, iso 400, handheld out the car window

115997097.jpg

This is quite pleasing to the eye. Did you achieve that vigenetting (mispelled?) around the edges of the frame naturally, or did you use a filter, or something else! I enjoy the effect very much.

ShawZ, I use an old darkroom tecnique called burning which i snow accomplished by the dodge/burn tool in Post proccessing, available in both elements and photoshop. Use the burn tool, and pick the approiate size brush, and play around with opacity. If you want to cheat look for a pluggin called burnt edges by MCP. I it is easy but I prepere the by hand method, then it look more natural. Good Luck and hope I answered this question will enough to make sense to you and anyothers who may happen upon this post. I really think it makes the center picture pop and use it during 90% of my PP of flowers, birds, pets etc. Works goon on portraits also.