Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
youngie22

bowfishing set up

5 posts in this topic

So I planned to set up an old bow w/ a reel mount and a closed face spincast reel (big zebco) I have a high country sniper and purchased a muzzy reel holder that should screw into the stabilizer mounting position. WRONG THREADING... is their an adapter to change the threading to make this work? Do I need to tap a coarser thread into bow? was really excited to get this set up, until I get home and it was a no go. Wondering what I need to do or purchase to make this work together. NOW for the reel. I am going to use the 200lb 25yd spool sold by muzzy. How big do the spincast reels go? Zebco 888? What will work best for me? any one have any experience trying to get this setup to work for them? Please let me know!

If you know anyone that works at a machine shop I would bet they could get every thing machined and threaded correctly in no time.

Not that this is ideal, but when I started I just taped the zebco to a long stabilizer. T

I was kind of thinking that tapping new threads is what would have to be done. Harley, what sized zebco do you use?

I don't remember what size it was it was like six years ago.

Take the muzzy reel holder back, and get the longest stabilizer that fits in the threading you have. Then just tape the reel to it with duct tape, electrical tape, or zip-ties. Use any old zebco you have lying around, and spool with AT LEAST 80# DACRON line, as it will absorb impact better than standard braid. The reel doesn't matter, because ideally you will be hand fighting the fish. I also strongly recomend safety slides for your arrows, as arrow snap back is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

There you have it a very cost effective set up. That is what I used when I started to avoid the $100+ set up. I have one now But I use it allot and it is worth it if you shoot often. If you have any more questions just ask. Have fun.