• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Replicas

huntfish44

Could anybody provide any recommendations about taxidermists who provide excellent service and quality in there muskie replicas?

I would like to research a couple to check out price range and their work.

I caught a 53 inch ski a couple weeks ago and a 51 inch ski a couple days ago and looking to have a replica done.

Thanks for the help!

huntfish my neighbor does replicas i live in northwest il ,i know he will treat you right and it wont cost near what them others will ,lets just say you ll be able to buy some more lures with the price difference. [email protected] ill be happy to get ya some info he also makes custom musky baits .

Lax Replicas are incredible. Rick has donated many of his replicas for Muskies Inc at the local level (North Metro chapter) and the international level. Every one of them has looked awsome.

If you wait until the show season starts you can/will get a break on the cost.

Lax has got my vote and my buisness when I get lucky enough to land that special fish.

Look at getting the board behind the replica as well. They are very well done.

I went the cheap route on a whitetale buck mount years ago. 4 years later I had a much better know taxidermist do the next nice buck. I look back on the buck I went cheaper on the mount and regret it to this day.

Both Fittante and Lax have replicas that will turn heads.

Congrats on the very nice fish

Steve

I know those guys are all very good at what they do.

An alternative to plastic is Sketch and Release (google it). She does life size water color paintings based on length/girth/photos that look incredible. They come out very wife friendly, nice to display in more public spaces of the house if your wife doesn't understand the obsession.

Say I am lucky enough to snag a 52"er

What is the price range of these?

I have a buddy that has a wall full of replica muskies that he had done over the years. I just wonder what the cost range is typically....

Thoughts?

I had a 51 1/2 muskie down by Artistic Anglers. It was fantastice work and looked identical to the photos I gave Matt. If I remember right it was $13 per inch. Well worth the quality and if the fins ever break or anything, he will fix them for free.