• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

chartreuse what a wonderful color

cruiseforever

Thats interesting that chartreuse is your favorite color, I can't keep the northerns off with chartreuse when I'm fishing for lmb, so I tend not to throw it for them too often. I do like it on my cranks when smally fishing in dirty water though. I would go with junebug if I had to pick just one, but I tend to switch it up depending on how bright out it is. Black is also a very good one.

If any of you do any fishing in the muddy waters of the south, you would think differently about Chartreuse. Any time I am fishing south of the mason dixon line, I will have a variety of chartreuse baits available for use.

Since this is Minnesota, I should also throw in that I have caught a lot of fish on that color here too. Usually when I have a spinner bait on, it is chartreuse. Yes you do catch pike as well, but I have caught a lot of bass on it as well.

There are other colors I like to use depending on what type of fish I'm targeting, but chartreuse does work for a wide range of fish.

One of my goto plastics for bass is pumpkin seed/chatreuse, but lately I've been throwing darker greens and browns.

The new sexy shad color from Strike King and the knock offs of that color from other manufactures is a great combination as well. Run it in light or stained water, the fish seem to be able to see it.

Talking soft plastics Tequilla Sunrise been a steady color.

Ding ding ding, that would be one of my picks, along with black, white, Green pumpkin Copper, Watermelon Chartruese flake (more gold looking then chartruese) and the good old brown with an orange tail

Any color is good by me as long as part of it is chartreuse... Especially on smaller tube baits or twisters.

Chartreuse is a natural for plastics, IMO, at times alone and often in combinations especially with reds and oranges. Very often peppered with black spots or with embedded sparkle increases the attention. My experience is that it attracts everything from 2 and 3 inch green sunfish to 30 inch carp and even an occasional full sized musky, definitely bass of both species and pike, too.

My go to on the UL is a 32nd oz black jighead with eyes and a two tone inch and a half tube with a red or orange body and chartreuse legs, preferably peppered. First sub is to a fully chartreuse 2" twister with sparkle. My primary target is crappies, but I have taken all mentioned species this year on the little tubes; you never know just what will pick those little things up or what size it will be.

Yep. Chartreuse is a hall of fame color IMO whether alone or in combination. The yellower version not the greener one.