Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruiseforever

chartreuse what a wonderful color

26 posts in this topic

Was thinking about colors of lures while fishing and I think chartreuse has to be the top color. It works great in all types of water color. What do you think? And best of all when I say chartreuse my wife has no idea what color I am talking about.

I think its a good anywhere color BUT, Im a huge fan of white or black. I think sometimes its more the sillouette then the color.

I buy greens, I have more confidence in that color for no reason really, but hey it takes guess work out.

Thats interesting that chartreuse is your favorite color, I can't keep the northerns off with chartreuse when I'm fishing for lmb, so I tend not to throw it for them too often. I do like it on my cranks when smally fishing in dirty water though. I would go with junebug if I had to pick just one, but I tend to switch it up depending on how bright out it is. Black is also a very good one.

If any of you do any fishing in the muddy waters of the south, you would think differently about Chartreuse. Any time I am fishing south of the mason dixon line, I will have a variety of chartreuse baits available for use.

Since this is Minnesota, I should also throw in that I have caught a lot of fish on that color here too. Usually when I have a spinner bait on, it is chartreuse. Yes you do catch pike as well, but I have caught a lot of bass on it as well.

I love green/chart mix and black! Most my plastics fall under these two colors.

There are other colors I like to use depending on what type of fish I'm targeting, but chartreuse does work for a wide range of fish.

One of my goto plastics for bass is pumpkin seed/chatreuse, but lately I've been throwing darker greens and browns.

Chartreuse......the only good thing to come out of France, I take it the French were trying to come up with a better color for the "Flag of Surrender"? laugh

Black, White, Green/White. I own quite a few chartreuse spinner baits, but that's the extent of that color. Though I do like those.

The new sexy shad color from Strike King and the knock offs of that color from other manufactures is a great combination as well. Run it in light or stained water, the fish seem to be able to see it.

Talking soft plastics Tequilla Sunrise been a steady color.

I have never had much luck with Chartreuse, although I do not use it very much. I usually use the natural colors, such as perch, bluegill, and babybass, or the blues, greens, browns, blacks, pumpkin, and sometimes orange.

chartreuse is a fantastic color. My fav for smallmouth, particularly in rivers or up in the BW.

Chartreuse and white is my fav spinnerbait color,

chart/brown is great for soft plastics

It's something like 25 parts yellow- 2 parts green. That is what I think.

It is a much better Walleye color.

Talking soft plastics Tequilla Sunrise been a steady color.

Ding ding ding, that would be one of my picks, along with black, white, Green pumpkin Copper, Watermelon Chartruese flake (more gold looking then chartruese) and the good old brown with an orange tail

Here are a couple of my favs, forgot to mention Green Pumpkin Purple, and Motor Oil, and black and blue..... cripes this could go on for ever

139.jpg

116.jpg

091.jpg

Love that color of that worm in the last pict RR, looks home made?.. You pour your own?

Any color is good by me as long as part of it is chartreuse... Especially on smaller tube baits or twisters.

Chartreuse is a natural for plastics, IMO, at times alone and often in combinations especially with reds and oranges. Very often peppered with black spots or with embedded sparkle increases the attention. My experience is that it attracts everything from 2 and 3 inch green sunfish to 30 inch carp and even an occasional full sized musky, definitely bass of both species and pike, too.

My go to on the UL is a 32nd oz black jighead with eyes and a two tone inch and a half tube with a red or orange body and chartreuse legs, preferably peppered. First sub is to a fully chartreuse 2" twister with sparkle. My primary target is crappies, but I have taken all mentioned species this year on the little tubes; you never know just what will pick those little things up or what size it will be.

Yep. Chartreuse is a hall of fame color IMO whether alone or in combination. The yellower version not the greener one.