• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone own a bowtech 82nd airborne?

funbilly

Been lookin to get a new bow and I have a short draw length was wondering if anyone has feedback on wether they like it or not. Looking for a little more speed but don't want to comprimize shootability. I am not new to archery just have never moved into a so called speed bow.

I shot it but wasn't impressed. Granted I have the shoulders of a 60 year old in a 25 year olds body. Peak was too much and didn't think it was that good of a bow for the money. I ended up with a carry over mathew's but I also have bad shoulders so that's why.

I did shoot the 82nd last year along with a few other bows just for the fun of it. Not a bad bow but wasnt in love with it, I thought it was a little on the loud side and not the smoothest bow Ive ever shot but other than that not too bad. It is crazy fast though even compared to my allegiance. The best bow I shot last year was the Bowtech guardian smoothest and quietest bow out there IMO. My cousin ended up buying it and at a 26.5 or 27 inch draw length I think he was shooting around 260 fps. Really any new high end bow is going to get you into the 250-280 fps but like you said it depends alot on draw length also. Speed isnt everything, dont get a bow that your not comfortable shooting just because it shoots 30 fps faster than one that feels alot better.

I do understand the importance of having a bow fit and be comfortable to the shooter. I'm just looking for some personal feed back on the bow. I'll just have to go shoot it and see how it feels. I'm going to shoot alot of different bows. I'm just not set on any one paticular manufacture or model.

Nothing takes the place of first hand experience. You need to go try it.

I bought a new bow last year and I tried them all. CHeap, high end, fast slow, etc. I tried the 82nd and didn't like it. I thought it was too aggressive and have vibration on the shot.

My two choices were the PSE Xforce 6 and the Hoyt Katera. I chose the PSE because it was faster, lighter and had less vibration.

All I have added to my bow is a string tamer and its quiet and shock free. You should try the PSE.