• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nail knot for heavy mono/fluoro

Cooter

Is this what Lee Tauchen showed in one of his Esox articles? I've used a nail knot for fly line/leader connection but can't figure out how you use it for a knot to a swivel. When I do a search I get the standard fly fishing version. Any ideas?

Google "learning how to fish" and go to the HSOforum with that for the domain. No spaces and a dot com. On the left hand side, click on "fishing knots" and then you'll see a number of different knots including the nail knot.

If you can't find it by doing this, shoot me an email and I can send you the link.

Aaron

I still get the flyfishing/two line nail knot diagram. Maybe I'm all wrong about this nail knot on fluoro leaders but pretty sure you can buy a tool for them(as you can for the flyfishing version) and know the stealth leaders use what they term a nail knot.

Cooter, I didn't look too closely at that site I referred you to. But I just checked it out again and I see where your confusion is now. I've never used a nail knot so I don't have a good answer for you. You're right about the Stealth leaders, they do use a nail knot. I'm pretty sure Lee does as well. So that's probably what you saw. I'm not much more help than that though.

Aaron

Dunno on the nail knot. I remember the article, but can't recall the details.

Another good one to try though is the Canoeman's knot. Works well for heavy leader material, and easy to tie.

RK