Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
glenn57

seafoam ???

bought a can of seafoam last nite and holy mackerel, $6.48 a can at fleet farm. i remember not long ago about 2 bucks. what a rip off. does anyone know of a compairable brand? i heard NAPA may have something just as good. any comments? thanks.

I can remember not long ago when gas was around a buck a gallon. what a rip off!

Petroleum prices have gone up and since Seafoam is a petroleum product it ultimately goes up as well.

To call it a rip off is unfair! It is still a fantastic product that has never disappointed me and in all likely hood has made me less money. It would have been nice to have some customers spend a couple hundred dollars to replaces some noisy hydraulic lifters. Instead I sold them a can of seafoam and an oil change for under $30. To them it is still priceless.

Lets not forget that it has many uses. It is not a product for a specific application so it's more versatile than other less expensive products!

That was CHEAP, at Walmart is $ 8.50 and I've seen it at $ 10.50 on smaller stores, unbelievable.

I remember when it was $ 2/can.

I start using Chemitrol B2 from Walmart, smells same whistle and does same job for me.

They better be careful or some my switch to the new Stabil Marine formula, or take a chance and not use anything.

With people out of work and an economy that bites, anybody that raises prices becomes a target for extinction.

I don't think SeaFoam or any of the retailers that carry it have intentionally raised prices recently. I've always found FF to have decent sales on SeaFoam. I also found that SA gas stations carry it and haven't at all been shocked by ther price there. You'd think SeaFoam at a gas station would be a big gouge but I haven't noticed that.

Good stuff... I'll pay for it. Just don't tell anybody! wink

i work at a napa store and we sell it for 7.99 we buy it for 6.13 so we do not make much on it at all so don't blame the retailer ......but there is really nothing elss out there that dose ever thing that sea foam dose there are things out there that do parts of what sea foam dose but you would be buying 2 differernt things to do everthing that it dose ......like 3m makes a really really good feal system cleaner but dose not stablise the feul or stable dose not cleen the fule system like sea foam dose so.......

10 bucks is common now all over for SeaFoam.

I switched to the StaBil Marine Blue 2 years ago now and I will not need SeaFoam anymore.

I was a fan of it for many years but the new Stabil Marine Blue is 10 times more effective for fuel system cleaning, offers wider protection for ethanol fuel blends, and far more cost effective per oz/dollar. In my experience it is the best fuel system product for the sportsman on the market today.

I can remember when the minimum wage was $2.00/hour. We must be a huge ripoff to our employers, eh?

Actually, when it was $2.00/hr the minimum wage for minors was less and I remember being paid $1.62/hour on my first job as a gas station atttendant. I also remember quitting because the owner insisted that I work in lieu of attending a high school function. I had to tell him that at 16 years old my education far outweighed his need for an attendant. That was when I realized that I will never put myself at anything but on an equal playing field with my employers. Essentially we are both in business. He needs my services and I need to sell my services to him. Since then I've told managers point blank that nobody including them will ever be my boss.

I was a fan of it for many years but the new Stabil Marine Blue is 10 times more effective for fuel system cleaning

Can you supply your source for this info?

I would also like to know how you quantify and prove "10 times more effective". Has there been some scientific research completed or is this just you estimate of effectiveness from personal use?

You can dump it in the oil, dump it in the tank, or let it get sucked into the intake through a vacuum hose. There are direction on the can for all three. If you have a can of deep creep (motor tune in an aerosol can) it is on awesome penetrating lube.

If your asking what it does;

SEA FOAM Motor Treatment is a 100% pure petroleum product that safely and effectively cleans internal fuel and oil system components, helping your gasoline or diesel engine run cleaner and more efficiently. SEA FOAM is an EPA-registered product, and will not harm engine components, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters or oxygen sensors.

SEA FOAM liquefies gum and varnish deposits or internal engine components, removing carbon deposits, freeing sticky valve lifters and rings curing rough idle, pinging and hesitation problems. By using SEA FOAM to eliminate varnish and carbon buildup, mechanics can more accurately diagnose mechanical problems that may exist. That is why Sea Foam has been so popular with professional mechanics for over 65 years.

As a fuel system additive, Sea Foam will clean fuel injectors, clean carbon, gum and varnish deposits, add lubricity to fuel, stabilize fuel for 2 years and control moisture.

As an oil system additive, Sea Foam controls moisture, gum, varnish and residue deposits.

Originally Posted By: Ed Carlson

I was a fan of it for many years but the new Stabil Marine Blue is 10 times more effective for fuel system cleaning

How do you come about this statement? Just curious is all.

By there data provided on there web site and my personal experience so far with 2 years use of the product. Check on there site and you will see how it has performed in the field. It has won a lot of awards in the marine industry already, and is quickly becoming the product recommended by marine meck's and tech's. It has an extensive list of OEM endorsements to page trough on there web site.