• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mojo extension pole

I used those steel green stakes with the steps on the bottom to make it easier to push into the ground...then on top i used a gardner duck whistler that i had broke and attatched it to the top of the pole...it just so happens that those whistles fit perfictly into the hole on the bottom of the duck....and yes i know i rigged the heck out of that thing, but it gets the job done!!!!!

just go to the local hardware store and get a peice of 3/4 inch conduit they come in 10ft lengths i think? but its like 10 bucks for that much and you can make it as long as your want. then just paint it simple as that and you dont have to fork over 60 bucks basically the same thing....

I was at Game Fair this past weekend and looked at those extensions, which look very flimsy. I hunt mostly out of a blinded boat. the bottom is very mucky also. The actual extension looks like it would not provide any stability. I will be making my own extension pole for my mojo.

I picked up a 10 ft section of 3/4 inch metal conduit and lightly hammered one of the ends so that the baby mojo post on the bottom fit better into it. I threw on my waders and went to a small lake near my house and set it up. That works perfect. I thought there would be some wobble in the conduit, but it was perfectly still. I highly recommend this $4.00 idea to an extension pole for the baby mojo. I hunt out of a boat and it is mucky on the bottom of the lakes I hunt.

I have a couple different lengths of conduit pipes I take with as water depths may vary depending on the spot. I bought a rubber mallet to pound the pipes in (a lot easier than trying to push them in). Just remember that the decoy makes the setup top-heavy (especially on windy days) and you may need extra length to bury the pole deep in the bottom to keep it from tilting especially with that soft mucky bottom thats in so many ducky spots.