Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Birdsong

coming In For a Landing

14 posts in this topic

I was experimenting with dof, and this guy happened to fly in at just about the plane of focus. Wheels down, radar contact made.

3811502274_6ca6d15f4b_o.jpg

Great timing! 80% of being a nature photographer is being in the right place at the right time!

That's a really neat shot - not only in the right place at the right time, but looks like all the camera settings were just right!

Very cool. I had one similar to that a few years back as well. Fun surprise when an insect makes a decision to join your shot.

That is really a nice shot. For some reason I was expecting a airplane grin

I really like it! Did you ahoot with a mirror lens?

Thank you everyone--very encouraging. I hate to admit this Yellowhead, but I don't even know what a mirror lens is. I shot it with Rebel xti and 75-300 lens. The background black is due to having just cleaned the pond. Nothing like sterile black plastic. The light circles are the fountain. Loved your comment Finnbay on 80% of nature photography is to be in the right place at the right time. Does this hark back to the old saying that a "woman's place is in the kitchen?" I was sitting on my countertop shooting out the window.

You did a great job in capturing this image! As Mike pointed out the cones really draw you in, nice work!