• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Feeding bears can be dangerous?

I know its not MN and its probably a grizzly BUT emphasizes the point no one should be humanizing bears.......

DENVER – An autopsy has confirmed that a bear killed a 74-year-old southwestern Colorado woman known for leaving food outside her home, despite wildlife officers' repeated warnings not to.

The body of Donna Munson of Ouray (yoo-ray) County had been partially eaten by a bear or bears when it was found outside her home Friday. But state Division of Wildlife officials didn't immediately know if Munson was killed by the bears or if she was already dead when the animals fed on her.

Ouray County Sheriff Dominic Mattivi said Monday an autopsy showed Munson was killed in the bear attack. He added that she had no signs of heart damage, ruling out the possibility that she died of a heart attack before being attacked.

Authorities investigating her death killed two bears, but it's unclear if those bears were the ones that killed Munson.

Well seeing how the radicals are still feeding and prostituting WILD bears in Orr maybe they should follow their own advice and STOP feeding them. They advise to NOT feed them because it will humanize the bears.. Kinda seems contradictory to me.

BC put out intell a couple years ago from a study and they urged our DNR to NOT re issue the permit to the so called sanctuary but our DNR did anyway. Some day it will happen there but more than likely it will be some kid playing on a swing set by Pelican lake....

I really like the pull the bear experts in Ely just manipulated the state into spending 10G's of sportsmen's $ in the bear collar mailing.. The same intell is in your handbook and on the web. They have a hand in the DNR wildlife manager some how to get that done..Why couldn't they spend their own money.

Their new movement is to close bear hunting from tower east to protect their study animals Opps I mean OUR protected big game.

But then again if bears become more humanized it might make for some interesting spot and stalking....

Muthagoose, this article and your comment got me thinking. I just had to check out the sanctuary when I was up earlier this summer. A very bizarre place indeed. Its very existence is contradictory. But I did notice the stationary from a MN Bear Hunting Association hanging on the wall. So let me understand this... If I own land that happens to be near, what is near five miles, ten miles, twenty miles, this sanctuary and I want to bear hunt on my land I am unethical? Don't get me wrong, if they want to feed bears all day I say let them lawfully do it, but to be a nearby land owner and tell me I am unethical because I want to lawfully hunt my land is a bit far fetched. The next step over from unethical is to make their "unethical" everyone's illegal, ahhm Eagles Nest Township. Did not mean to stir a can of worms, but I was a little miffed after reading, especially since I was looking at possibly purchasing property in the Orr/Pelican lake area.