• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Town Team State Tournament

bassNspear

I see there are games this Saturday at 11 and 1:30 that we would be able to make. The HSOforum is a bit confusing. Is there any way of know who is playing where?

On the state web page click on the updated class C brackets and it will show times and who plays. We play Saint Cloud Ortho at 1100 in Arlington in what should be a really good game. After our game Loretto plays the Saint Cloud Snappers in what should be another good game. After that game, Cold Spring plays Savage. Cold Spring has one of the best pitchers in the state. He has been offered an invitation to a couple of major league team's spring trainings over the last few years.

sdstatekid, good luck in the tourney. I have a couple friends that play for Ortho. Femrite from the Springers is one of my best friends. He got offered a chance to visit the White Sox in training camp a couple years ago, but he just started a new job and nothing was guaranteed with the Sox. He also got invited and scouted by the Braves and Orioles. He can really bring it. In HS, he was undersized and didn't quite develop his expertise until he was in college at Mayville.

CFRay, were you a former Rebel? I played in the Victory League for 10 years until I realized that I missed my weekends to fish and hang out with the family.

Thanks doctor. We get along really good with the guys from ortho. They have come down for our tourney the last few years and it's a really good time. Having to play later on in the day after drinking cold ones while the sun comes up can be pretty tough, but they always manage to do it. They have a really good team, it sucks that we have to play them now when one team is done, instead of later when we both can move on, but it is what it is.

It'll be cool to see Femrite pitch on Saturday as I haven't seen him pitch since the Chaska game a couple years ago. I sat behind a scout for part of it and Siefert was consistently in the 89-90 range while Femrite was in the 92-93 range. I left after Cold Spring scored 3 in the 6th or 7th and couldn't believe it the next day when I heard that Chaska came back to win, but thats baseball.

We play Saint Cloud Ortho at 1100 in Arlington in what should be a really good game.

We'll be able to see that game. I have a cousin that lives in Arlington so we'll be rooting for you. Good luck!

Thanks DonBo. I think it should be a pretty good game. We beat them earlier in the year, but, neither team threw their Ace and neither team had their full lineup so its tough to base on a game like that. Hopefully it will be a good crowd and a fun game to watch.

There are going to be some great final games this upcoming weekend at the state tourny in Arlington & Gaylord.

I should be at the ball park all weekend in either Arlington and Gaylord depending on who is playing where.

The class B championship is in Arlington and a bit later the class C is in Gaylord.

Mr jman, check the state baseball boards HSOforum for all scores and upcoming games.

Thanks Donbo, it sucks, but we knew it would be tough as they have a great team and with the way Geiger threw the ball that day it was really tough. Oh well, we had a good year and it doesn't hurt quite as much when you get along really well with the team you lost too. I would put my money on Ortho winning it all because Geiger will probably be throwing against Winsted and if he throws like he did against us I don't think they will beat him, although I may be a little biased because we were hitting pretty good going into that game.

I would love to see the games this weekend but theres too many honkers out here callin my name so I am gonna spend the weekend in the blind in a wheat field.