Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zelmsdawg

Fox lake

15 posts in this topic

Was cruising some other forums and saw that recently a guy pulled a 56x23 out of fox. Anyone else fishing this lake? I knew they started stocking it a little while ago but didn't think the lake would be kicking out fish of that caliber so soon. Maybe they were stocking it before I heard? Might have to start heading south instead of north...

Zelmsdawg

Are you sure it was Fox lake in Martin County in Cass County

It was in Martin county I've heard of a few others over 50 being caught there this year as well.

dads friend got a 51 out of their last year, there are some really big skies in there

Yeah, it was in the southwest forum. I was surprised

Zelmsdawg

Hmmm sounds like a future target.

in the past few years it has become very popular becaues one it has dang nice skies, and because skie lakes down south are far and few beside French, the iowa lakes, cant really think of any others down their and Fox. But they have seen a few muskies in the fairmont chain, they think when the water was really high the creek from fox to the chain lakes got high enough and a few got into the lakes.

I think that guy may need a better measuring devise. I don't think that a fish could get that big that fast. It's possible it's a freek of nature, but I doubt it.

I just learned that they had muskies in there this spring, didn't make it down there early, but will probably be hitting it with my father this fall. He only lives and hour away.

They did stock adults back in 99 at the intial stocking, maybe one went in that was already 30+ inches?

The muskie in Fox Lake are in the range of 36" to 52". I witnessed 10 landed and released. Three of which I caught while fishing walleyes. They ranged from 39" to 48". They were really hitting late June and early July. No hits last weekend, but did have 2 follows. The lake is located in Martin County SW

MN. I landed a 52" for my Uncle last fall, so they should be getting bigger. Just some information for those who find it hard to imagine fish of this size in a SoMN lake. All the Best!

Saw pics of a 53 that was caught off Fox in July. I know the guy and he's not one to streatch the truth.

Ya know being you CH 29 guys fish this lake allot and CH 54 have guys that fish Fox allot we should get a Fox stocking fund going Esox Mag.

I'll bring it up at the next meeting, be nice to help since Iowa won't allow us to help. I have never fished it myself, maybe I should, can't be any worse than home LOL.

I know our board has already descused this and is something we really want to go foward on.