• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer stand finally done!!!

I had posted a few times in the spring asking opinions on various things for my deer stand. I hauled most of the wall sections and legs out in late May, and recently finished things off. I was unable to dig my legs down 4' like I wanted to, due to hundreds of hand sized flat rocks about 10" down left by a glacier a 'few' years ago. I got about 14" down, and then concreted the legs in the ground and mounded it up like ant hills. Hopefully it will hold. It is in Fillmore county on the edge of a hay field, with a pond and LOTS of corn all around. For the roof I ended up using OSB and rubber roofing that someone had just removed from a building.

The stand. You can see one of my plexi-glass panels I am testing out. I routed a groove to put these in to block the wind if it is really bad. I only have 3 panels, just enough to block wind from one direction.

3805750433_349922848b_o.jpg

Here is a pic going up the ladder towards the trap door:

3806566124_a76abe34cd_b.jpg

Here is a pic from inside looking toward the closed trap door. The carpet is left over from my house, should cut down on noise in case someone drops a shell or flashlight.

3805750545_db54626d6e_o.jpg

I have 2 non-squeaky office chairs left over from work.

3806567864_320b9e40d3_b.jpg

One of the Potlatch Leasees nears us built a similar stand as yours, though you did a much nicer job. After he completed it, it didn't take long for someone to add a toilet seat just above the trap door!

Good luck