• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin River Fishing Reports-Prairie duChien-Stevens Point-WI Dells

Out this morning out of Galecke. Surface water temp 43-46. Fishing was slow. Only managed about 6 small walleyes. Jigs and minnows/crawlers caught fish. Nothing dragging cranks or on crawler harnesses. A few other guys out, saw them catch a few.

Good Luck

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the reports fellas!

Hit one of my WI River wading spots today, this one a bit farther north in Lincoln county. The smallies have shoulders on this stretch and I was in the area so figured I'd stop by. Fun stuff. Was actually slow fishing, only landed 4 fish, but they went 13, 15, 18.25, and 18.5 so I can't complain. Sorry for the bad pics, was propping the camera on tree branches trying to get pictures...

P5030260.jpg

P5030262.jpg

P5030264.jpg

Great pics Lunker,

Was on the Biron Flowage today, surface water temp was 62 degrees. Small walleyes were biting like crazy on the Slow Death hooks, only one legal walleye though. Great time to take kids for some constant walleye action. Also caught a few small crappies and 2 nice sized cats that just about ripped the rod out of my hand when they hit.

Game warden was putting in when I was loading out. He just asked how fishing was and that was it, no compliance check. I thought it was little weird that he didn't do a check. First time I have seen a Warden during the open water season on the Biron flowage.

Biron flowage - water temp 68 degrees.

Fishing was terrible. We actually did not boat a fish. The kids and I fished shiners and crawlers anchored with not a bite. I did have on 2 smallies with a blade bait, but did not land them. We didn't drag spinners or cranks, but I don't know if it would have helped.

Green algae is all over, I have not seen the Flowage like that.

Good luck.

Biron flowage - 71 degrees.

Walleyes were biting pretty good, caught a dozen or so, missed at least that many. One legal eye and one nice bonus crappie for the pan. Also caught few catfish.

Fished seemed to be in deeper water. All fish caught on a whistler jig and crawler.

Out yesterday on the WI river, water temp was 49 degrees.

Crappies are biting fairly well on jigs and minnows 14-17 feet of water, near the bottom. Surprisingly we only got one small walleye. My son missed a big fish, I think it was a big catfish.

Good luck out there, I will be fishing the WI Rapids flowage from here on out, will post reports.

Was fishing the Wisconsin Rapids Flowage the mornings of 10-26 and 10-27. Fishing deeper holes with suckers and shiners. No big eyes but a limit both days of nice 15-18 inch eyes. Also caught a lot of nice channel catfish.

Anyone know where to get small suckers besides Gander?

Good luck out there.

We got out this morning on the Wisconsin Rapids Flowage. Medium suckers on Lindy rigs. We got 7 nice eyes between 16-18 inches, probably 10 other small eyes. Great morning to be out.

No big fish this fall, I don't know why, biggest is only a 19 incher.

Good luck all.

Fished below a dam today, 20 feet of water. Crappies were mainly suspended from 5-10 feet down. Crappies mainly caught on a jigging rap and some caught on a small spoon. Only one crappie caught on a minnow below a bobber.

No walleyes. Ice was good.

Out today on Biron Flowage between Galecke and Rusty's. Tons of small males, caught mostly on BB and SD hook. Bringing the kids out tomorrow to have fun with the small walleyes. Changed to dragging Thunderstick Jrs and did okay, biggest was 22 inches.

Water temp 54 degrees.

Was out on WI river 5-20-14, between Love Creek and Rustys. Water temp was 51 warming to 55.

Lots of small eyes. Mixed crappies.

Fish caught on whistler jig or hair jig with minnow. Fish found around bottom changes or depth changes.

Good Luck.