• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Louis Eyes, sorry about not seeing your post before I got back. I did see a truck with a portable kind of straight out from the bar about 120 yards from me and a couple of houses on the east side of the big island. Those are both fish producing areas. Any of them you?

Here it is. Fished up in the NE area because there was another flippin' tournament on the lake. It was down in that southern bay area so it was all good for me. Walked out from Sidelines to my "secret" rockpile. The lake is drivable. I just didn't see any cars out when I got there, but I did see them when I got to the spot. Looked to be about 18" ice. Got set up around 10:30, drilled 11 holes all around and popped a 2.5 smallie right off the bat. Then another 1.5 pounder with the second rod. Pattern seemed to be one fish in one hole, then move to another one. Ended up catching five by about 2:00. The others were about 2.0 pounds each. Never saw any fish on the vex. I just put the minnow on a float about 1 foot off the bottom and hoped. That's the usual M.O. for that spot. It seemed to work OK.

One of the year-round resident's son and his two kids popped out around 1:00 and asked if they could fish some of the holes I wasn't using. So I showed them three that I had caught fish from earlier and were fairly close to each other. They set up on them and his daughter tags a smallie that went an easy 3.5 (I'd almost call it a 4). The kids lasted about an hour then back to Grandma and Grandpa's.

I finished the day with a fine 5 inch Rock Bass (I never catch them during open water, go figure). Wind picked up after 1:00 and a lot of snow blowing into the holes so I packed her up and headed back. Very good day for me.

Raider I did end up going and didn't have much luck. We fished the southern most part of the lake and only caught three small northerns on our tipups, each were only 1 lb. Tried jigging and no luck, graphed a few on the bottom though. There were only northern brought in for the tourney i think, not sure of any nice bass. 1st place- 7lb northern 2nd place- 6 lb northern 3rd place- 5lb northern . I think the bass and crappies will be happier at least

ha jarrid we fish out at nebagamin all weekend over by frazer point ended up 1 northern 3 perch and 1 nice crappie all in all was a really good weekend had a visit from dnr 2 times this weekend we are also goin to be out there for the tournament our group should have close 25 people in our group shoould be fun this will be our first time doin this one hope to see some guys from the site out there

Fished Minnesuing, Nabagamon, and Upper St. Croix on Friday 1-15-10. Fshed each for a couple of hours, none of them really produced anything. One little perch at Minnesuing fishing the South end. Wanted to go to the North but didn't see any travel that way or shacks and no other accesses except the 2 on the South end. New to the area and people have said alot of springs there and shouldn't drive it much. Hopefully I'll know more as I go. 1st time there. Then went and caught one nice 12in crappie on Nabagamon in 33ft North of access by Dairy Queen. Had a few that just nibbled but couldn't hook no more. Moved on to Upper St. Croix and fished out on the East side in 20ft. Showed fish but not active for me. Just one little crappie. Fished Sun at amnicon and only got 1 little sunnie. A very dead weekend of inactive fish for me, but great to get out. Would have posted earlier, but computer was in getting repaired.

Fished St. Croix in Solon Mon morning. Sat up in a 20ft hole that showed fish. 7-8 am was pretty good, caught 6 sunnies with one just over 10in. Also caught 3 crappies. Sunnies were tight to bottom and the crappies were 3-5ft off bottom. After 8, action stopped, although the fish were still there. Was a better bite than the previous days.

jefdig,

A guy I work with lives on Minnesuing and he said that there is 18" of ice all over and there were trucks out by the island last week end. I have not be able to get out there to check it myself.

If you want gills try to the southeast of the narrows out in front of Waskos in 11 - 15 f.o.w. with a small jig tipped with a single waxie there is probably a few shacks in that area now.

Jar Jar

Jefdig, I would feel safe driving up in the northeastern portion of the lake where you access either from Sidelines or the public access on Hallberg.

I'm kind of iffy on driving the "main" body of the lake (south of the island) just because that is where our cabin is (south of Minnesuing Acres) and I know there are tons of springs in that area. Plus, one year I was walking out from there over to the 40' hole and stepped in a spring hole. Only got one leg wet but it scared the carp out of me.

I have never driven south of our place and when I drive over to check on it, I go through on the east side of the Island and take a right because it is wider. I'm not comfy with driving through the channel on the west side of the island because it's narrow and that could lead to possible current.

Raider4ever n Jarjar, thanks for the info. Is there an access that they are driving on on the north end or is it walk out only.Can you drive on by Sidelines? I was by the public access on Hallberg but it was only snowmobiles going out. Thanks again guys.

Hit St. Croix this morning 7-11 before work. Still the same, showed fish but slow bite. Did get one real nice 10 inch sunnie though. Fished a 20ft hole with sunnies on bottom. Then moved up along the east wall in 17-18ft and showed crappies coming by 2-4ft off bottom. Only managed to get 2. Another slow day. Going to try Minnesuing tomorrow morning and see if my luck doesn't change. This year just seems to be hard to catch enough for a meal or constant action. Talked to others to see if it was just me, but sounds like everyone is in the same boat. Alot of moving around and no real active fish. Has to get better!! See tomorrow!

Great day!! Fished St. Croix Flowage Sat 1-23, from 9:30am-2pm. We set up in 7ft out in front of Tuveson's where you pay $1 per vehicle ($2 for more people). This appears to be the only access for vehicles and it showed as there was alot of people (and vehicles) present. The sunnies and gills were nonstop the whole time we were there. Let a pole sit and get nothing, but keep jigging, a fish almost instantly. Plenty of little ones (4-6inchers), but we managed to bring enough 7-8 inchers home for a family meal. Between 2 of us, we caught over 100, took home 25 as we were ready for a fresh meal. Could have kept more, but I only like to keep enough to eat. Otherwise, give them a chance to grow and catch them again. It was about 60-40 between catching a 4-6 incher and a 7+ incher. So we probably released about 25 7+ inches. What an action packed day. We also had tip-ups out for Northern. We only had 3 flags with one caught that was about 3 lbs. There was alot of people fishing northerns with a few being caught here and there. The exception was these 2 guys who were on fire as they had 8 on the ice from 2 to 5 lbs. They were only 20 yds from us, so I assume it was the difference in bait I noticed that proved better results for them. Talked to the 2 of them and they planned on pickling them. Overall it was an action packed day topped off with a great meal of fresh panfish. Couldn't ask for more!

Fished Upper St. Croix Sunday afternoon (3-5), still slow. Sat up in 18ft and showed fish swimming through 2-5ft off bottom. Managed only 3 crappies. Still haven't been back to Minnesuing, wasn't sure how ice was for driving on after the rain and warm spell. Ice at St. Croix still good as we had 18-20 inches in both areas we fished. Well, hopefully get out Wed morning and see what's happening.

Fished St. Croix Flowage (Gordon Flowage) in Chicago Bay yesterday morning 8-11. Sat up in 10ft. Bluegills and sunnies were very active. Some ran small, but managed to catch over 40. Also caught a nice crappie along with a 17 and 14 inch Bass on little jig with a waxie. Overall, was a great day!! Cabin, your the man!!

Another day of nostop action at St. Croix Flowage in Chicago Bay. Fished 8-11am this morning in 10-11 ft and the gills were on bottom. Used a small jig with a waxie and caught them nonstop. One pole is all I needed. A few ran small, 4-6 inches, but easily had a limit of 7+ inches. Also caught 3 crappies that were good size. When I left that spot, there was about 20 other people scattered around the bay. I then went in front of Tuvesons for an hour an half in 7ft. Action was a little slower, but still active. Most gills were 4-6 inches with a couple about 8. Went there to try for Northerns and and managed 1 about 3 lbs. There was about 6 other vehicles there. Now it's off to work. Definitely was a good day, couldn't think of a better way to start the day.

Slow day Sunday. Fished Gordon Flowage in Chicago Bay in 10 ft from 1:30 to 3:30. Managed 2 gills and 1 crappie that were released. That's all the bites I had. Incredible since I was there twice last Wed and Friday morning and you could really watch one pole as the gills were biting like crazy with a crappie here and there. Just when I thought they were turning on, they shut right off. So then I headed to Upper St. Croix in Solon. Set up in a 20 ft hole from 4-6:30. Showed fish on bottom and coming through 3ft off bottom but managed only 1 crappie. Very slow Sunday. Hope some of you had a better day than I did!

Looking forward to getting back to Douglas county fishing after spending a weekend up north on whiteface and island lake. Worked very hard to catch a handful of small walleyes all of which I let go. Any good suggestions to start the week? Minnesuing report? Nebagemon? ULSC? I do not want to be a riverrat this week so I am avoiding the harbor.

Jarred, last week was pretty good on Upper St Croix and Gordon Flowage but shut right off Sunday. So I really don't want to point you in the wrong direction. I am pretty new to the area myself and wish I could be of some help, but I haven't fished Minnesuing or Nebagamon enough to know about them. So if you go, let me know how you did and I'll keep posting my outings. If you read the posts up above, I try to post most of my adventures, whether I catch fish or not. Yes, last Sat I saw about 50 shacks or so out in the bay from the harbor. Not bad if you go during the week, but never seen so many as I did last Sat, it was unreal.

Fished Minnesuing yesterday morning 8-11. Sat up in 15 ft and had a steady bite of gills on teardrops with waxies, but they ran small and only had 6 over 7 inches out of over 30. Tried for crappies in 23 ft but had no luck.

Fished Nebagamon today. believe it was Honeymoon bay I was in. Moved all over with no much success. Managed only 1 keeper gill and 3 crappies. Caught 8 smaller ones. Not much to show for being out there over 8 hours in the wind and moving portable all around. That's what happens when your new to the lake, was hoping to be like a blind squirrel and find the acorn!!!

Hey friends! Fished the st croix flowage yesterday for the tourney. Between 4 of us not one flag. We were looking to catch a winning pike! No success, except for a couple door prizes (free breakfast at circlepines and a 6 pack of moose head. Heard the winning pike was 27 and a half. Hit up ulsc right after the tourney and managed to pick off a few crappies after dark. Tough bite pretty light and I mean light bite. Missed more than we caught but fun. Hit up the west end will be out there tommarow night again! Stop by and say hi blue clam!!!!! Later patrons!!!