• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Setup

smeese

Got a new topwater/large plastics set up. Went with a near new 7000iSN Big Game Abu Garcia on a 8'6" Extra Heavy Action St Croix Premier. Anyone run this rod at all? Just wondering how it preformes with heavier baits such as the pounder and two pounder bulldogs. Should I stay away from tossing the DC-10? I have a Revo Toro HS-60 for those.

Smeese, since I use both the 7000 and the Toro I feel fairly qualified to say that after awhile you will appreciate retreiving the DC10's with the 7000 vs the Toro. I'd try it and see what you think rather than take our word for it, but in my opinion it's a lot less work and resistance. The Toro may work just fine for dawgs, but I use it for lighter baits.

Good to know,Thanks! the DC10's are a little rough on the Toro, I was just banking on the gears holding out better, but for the price if I have to get a new 7000 in a couple years I am cool with that.