• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How are the MC2X cameras at night?

bigeyes

Question

Looking at finally getting a camera, either the z or the mc2x. Can people who have used the mc2x tell me about there experinces with them at night. I have seen the "snow storm" during the day with one, but those lights are supposed to work better at night is it true, are they much better than the original ir lights at night? Do they scare crappies? Walleyes? What do you guys think.
Thanks

4 answers to this question

I've used mine at night and it works ok. It really depends on the water clarity and the amount of small particales in the water. If the waters clear it works fine otherwise the lights seem to really highlight any particles in the water and make it hard to look at.

Some people say the light spooks fish, I tend to agree.

Thanks chucker, how about when the lights scare fish at night, is it all species or just walleye. I ask because I fish a lot of crappie in the evenings and tend to use glow jigs in colors like red and yellow(same as camera colors) and they seem to attract crappies not scare them? Are the lights just too intense?

Here is my experience with my MC2x.
The "Christmas Lights" as a friend once called them have not worked well for me.
1) They seem to draw the little water creatures to the lens-and all I can see are white blobs in front of the lens.(Like the snow storm you mentioned above).
2)When fishing after sunset, I have turned on the LED Christmas Lights in the presence of crappie and BGs (in the lakes I fish)...they take off for parts unknown! And don't return.
3)I have tried leaving the light on for 30-40 minutes while watching my Vex at the same time, thinking that the light would draw in the bait and then the fish. I have not seen this work yet.
These are my experiences...not to be confused with those of a professional!
doggieduty