Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jakeboy

Shotgun storage

12 posts in this topic

I just bought a shotgun for my wife and I need to store it without her knowing about it. Is it alright to keep the gun in the case till christmas? Or does it need to be taken out of the case?

If your really going to shoot her why wait till Christmas? Why not just get a divorce. grin

what kind of case it is may depend on what may happen to it if the case gets or has moisture it will sure rust up the gun. I personally would buy one of the storage socks for guns that they are making now a days then spray the gun down with a light film of oil, put in the gun sock and in the gun case for stroage.

I would hesitate about storing it in a gun case. Moisture can be very damaging to the rifle. Why not just store it in the manufacturer's packaging?

that's what I would do. Keep it in the orginal box but, give it a light spray of lube and maybe even take it out a few times and repeat and if you can get your hands on some desicant packages to throw in it. Hate to see a new scatter stick get rusted.

Why wait till christmas, suprise your wife with the gift before your guys first hunting trip or on your first trip. This way she gets to enjoy the new toy!

Sounds to me like you need to buy yourself a gun safe. Something everyone who owns firearms should have in my opinion.

If your really going to shoot her why wait till Christmas? Why not just get a divorce. grin
That really caught me of guard I hit my head on the desk laughing so hard.

NICE. Get silicon gunsock. Or a gun safe, my wife has no idea whats in mine, and that is great.

times 2 on the silicon gunsock. Work good and won't rust the gun. Hit it with some sheeth before putting it in the sock.