• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BEAR SEASON------Are your ready!!!!!!

Man, one more week till baiting, holey smokes, gonna be along week, Can hardley concentrate on anything else. Have three sites picked out, 2000lbs of doughnuts an grease, dog food, liqourice, sweet mix, pop corn. Bacon grease for burns... ect. Biff whats up havent heard from you of late. your usually all over this board prior to season. Good luck this season guys an be safe. Boar

STOKED crazy can't think of anything else. Lots of brush to clear this year.Been migrating gear and barrels to camp for the last 2 weeks. We are heading up today to pack the grub box and extra stand ect.,.....

LOVE baiting ,,,,Good luck to all....

Biff whats up havent heard from you of late. your usually all over this board prior to season. Boar

The less I come on here the faster the season comes. We have 5 sites this year total for 2 guys. My buddy got one last year and this year I get first shot. He just got his rug back Sat. and it looks sweet!!! Tried a new burn a couple days ago and smelt really good and sweet. Will try that if nothing else works. Couple of our spots had good sign (scat). So we will see what happens.

I can't wait! One week to go! It never fails though. It has been cool all year and now that baiting is about to start, they are saying that it is going to get much warmer. Oh well. It is always worth the heat and the bugs.

how much bait do you guys put out at one site and do you check 2 or 3 time a week. Thanks Adam

Start out with a decent amount, enough to get them to start coming in. I don't know...100 lbs at the most, less if you have close access. Once your bait starts getting hit then start putting less and less out there to create competition for the bait. I would check 3 times a week if possible. Check every couple of days

Everyday,and enough to get a good boar to claim the site.

Not one to use the same stuff everyone else toss's out or for putting less and less if you have competition around.

Like seeing all the corn in the scat at my baits since I don't toss corn I know they are not feeding enough elsewhere. Once they start marking trees I know its time to drop a trail cam.

I have pics of multiple bears at a bait all at once during shooting hours.That ends once a good boar stakes claim tho.If you bait regularly same time, he will listen for you to leave and saunter in.

IF your in a good area nature seems to provide all the assistance you need....

Wednesday can't get here quick enough. I wish my clients would pick their mounts up TODAY......

The last of the caribou will have been picked up Tuesday night and I'm leaving for camp always go up a couple days earlier to do a gear check,last minute scouting and get fishing boat ready for a minimum of 45 days of bliss.

Area 51 on here. We went a up a few weeks ago and the sign is amazing. My party is hunting with a couple rookies this year and it is very exciting. It is pretty cool to see newbies get really pumped. I sure hope they know what kind of work is coming their way. Good luck to everyone out there!