• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do any of you do this? Or any recipe organizing suggestions?

Hoggs you are way too efficient for me grin I will copy and paste them in to a folder called recipes. Now what I really need to do is take all the recipes that I have cut out of the paper that are in a three ring binder and scan those into a computer. Some day when I get that elusive Round-to-it wink

There is one out there that I have seen a few use, it's called Living Cookbook 2009, seems pretty good, you can try it for 30 days, it will also bust nutritional info for you too. If you find a good recipe on the web, simply copy and paste it and your done, it's in the system.

Mike

Hoggs222, I print the recipes that appeal to me and put them into a 3 ring binder. Then I can grocery shop and take recipe and the goods out into the perm while Icefishing, in between bites I can cook/feast!! I have several recipes for dishes that I've grown up with and I'm trying to perfect them, as well as a couple of websites that have some REALLY GREAT looking dishes. I'd be happy to share the websites with you if you're interested. The websites offer the recipe file option. Phred52

I used to just stuff clipped out and/or printed recipes in one of my outdoor cookbooks until I realized that I was wrecking the binding. What I did was buy four folders with pockets and label them 'Pheasant', 'Deer', 'Fish', and 'Misc'. The recipes that I've tried and like go in the left side to make them easier to find, the right side contains the rest of the recipes. It has really helped, now I can just goto the folder of the meat I'm preparing to cook, and most of my favorates are close to the top. I also like to make comments on each recipe like 'good', 'Julie likes', 'cut down on salt'. The lousy recipes get tossed out.

I put together a cookbook in Word and gave it out for Christmas gifts one year. Woking on Volume two.

Also google Allrecipes. It is now my go to site for new recipes. All the recipes are reviewed by Common Joes who try them and say what they like or don't like. Also has a recipe box to save the ones you find interesting.