• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskies in Ossiwinnamakee or Kimball lake

RAH

Trying to do some research on muskies in these two lakes can anybody help. Both lakes have maps claiming muskies, but DNR doesn't lay claim to any recent work here. Anybody out there know anything about this lake and it's history?

DNR has been good at making info difficult to find. Muskie on the wall at Norway Ridge supposedly coming from Kimball Lake. Help me out here.

Kimball was stocked in 65 and 74, that's it. Ossi was the same.

I believe that would be shoepack strain. If there's natural reproduction, could still be fish. It's widely believed that success of NR in stocked lakes is very low. Worth a shot?

JRedig, how sure are you that they were Shoepac strain? I've heard that before too. But I have my doubts on that as I know of a few fish that were caught in those lakes bigger than I've ever heard on a Shoepac fish. The last fish I've heard of being caught in either lake was back in the early 90s. Not that there aren't still a few in there, my guess would be that there are. But I think I like my chances of winning the lottery better than catching a musky out there. Too bad too, as they would be the closest musky lakes to my house!

Aaron

I appreciate the info guys. I'm on LWFC and both these lakes are very close. Fished Ossi for a few hours on Friday afternoon with no luck. Went to Little Boy Sat. and caught a small shoepac. I thought the DNR quit stocking the lake with these. Must be some kind of natural reproduction going on there. Where can I see stocking info that far back for thosae lakes?

I don't think you'll find any stocking data that far back anywhere unless you contact the DNR directly. But they should have all of that information for you if you want it. But I've heard the same thing as JRedig on the dates. 60s and 70s and nothing since.

There's good natural reproduction in Little Boy. They don't stock the lake at all anymore and I don't think they have since the early 90s or late 80s. Leech Lake strain is what's in there.

Aaron