Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim Almquist

Birds on a stick / Few more from this morning

13 posts in this topic

It was kinda like the Minnesota state fair with all the birds on a stick. If you have never been to the Minnesota state fair they serve just about every kind of food you can think of on a stick.

LB7D6104copy.jpg

LB7D6123copy.jpg

LB7D6165copy.jpg

LB7D6139copy.jpg

This guy just would not sit still for a minute.

LB7D6067copy.jpg

LB7D6195copy.jpg

LB7D6233copy.jpg

LB7D6255copy.jpg

That last guy is wonderful just even if he is a little hyper. I like this 'on a stick menu' very much

These are great bird on a stick shots, I love the nice bokeh. I like that gold finch, but would apply some curves and more usm to make him pop a little more.

Excellent images sir, I'm particularly drawn to the mourning dove, that is not an easy species to get off the ground on a nice perch like this, a rather skittish species in my experience. Well done.

Thank you for all the nice comments.It is easy to get such nice bokeh in my front yard with the open field across the street but the down fall is that you are looking west so it is only good in the morning or when we had a day like yesterday were it was cloudy but bright enough to get enough speed. Shawn the morning doves have been around for a couple of years and this is the first year that they have been IN the feeders. They do play nice with the other birds. Here is a Cardinal with the same type of molting.

Nymph what did you mean by adjusting curves ?

LB7D6129copy.jpg

It may be all personal preference of the artist, but I will show you what I was talking about.

I think you have Photoshop, if I remember correctly ,and not sure what version; I have the cheap version (elements 7). You go into adjust color, select color curves and move the sliders to your preference.

I adjusted the color curves and sharpened them a little.

lb7d6165copycopy.jpg

lb7d6123copycopya.jpg

Oh, by the way, I really like that dove shot also.

I like that nuthatch. It's nice to see them go through thier feathering cycle.

Dave I like how the color seems to pop more and there seems to be more detail. I am going to have to play around a little bit with curves. By the way I have CS3 so I am sure it in there somewhere grin