Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Marsh Wrens...

14 posts in this topic

Of the multitude of bird species that call this region home, Marsh Wrens are extremely abundant! Where you find plenty of water and bulrushes you will find these wrens.

IMG_2921-1.png

IMG_2907tgb-1.png

This past spring I put forth a little effort to capture some images of these wrens but I never had any success. I'm pleased to say that this all changed in my favor a few days ago.

IMG_2900uhn-1.jpg

I was fortunate enough to locate an entire family of wrens which consisted of Ma & Pa and their four fledglings.

IMG_2896gb-1.png

IMG_2858-1.png

incredible pictures of a wonderfull little bird. Last week I was in WI. and spent several hour shooting a house wren that is raising her second brood. She never sat still, she was working her little tail off.

They may be abundant but they often go unnoticed and these shots certainly give them some of the attention they deserve. I like the first and last best.

What a great series of shots. They are all so crisp. Stu were you shooting them with the 500mm ?

Ditto what Jim said! You're really showing alot of improvement with these shots. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Great portraits of this lovely bird. Their plumage really has some finer features that can be appreciated easily in close ups like this. Nice work sir.

Once again I just want to thank you all for your comments and to say that it has been a pleasure participating on this all informative site!